Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park Deer

Park Deer

xx
    Last edited by howa243; 27-08-2010 at 20:23.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    i once went to blair drummond safari & adventure park plenty of wildlife but when i enquired about stalking i didnt get the the responce i wanted .... ( this is a joke )

Howa

There is no doubt it goes on. I know a couple of people who manage parks and regularly sell old stags who have passed on their genes for a few years and are no longer needed. I have heard the figure of 125 per point talked about!!

Would be interesting to hear from anyone who has done this.

Cheers
    OT

I have some fallow stalking, but they are tranistory, here today, gone tomorrow sort of thing. I also have a friend who has been really poorly, Papfield Heart hospital poorly, and was thinking of trying to get him a decent fallow buck as he has mainly CWD, munties and reds on his patch and he would really like a decent fallow buck. At those sort of prices I think i will have to wait and try and get him here when my stags appear, I cannot afford those prices!

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Wow big money.

I tend to agree logan but I may have some deer to remove in a couple of years and was wondering if people pay to do that kind of thing. You do get the feeling that an awful lot of deer are shot in a questionable 'fair chase' environement.
    A bit like the "expert" Stalker (NOT) Telling his piece in my mate's gun shop, i have shot this that "ALL" Big trophys. on leaving the shop my mate said Yep he is some stalker those Big Trophy's are shot in Deer Farm's!!!!!!!! Put a few Deer nuts down stand in a Farm trailer job done. As allready stated there is some shockers going on out there for "MONEY"

Account Suspended
    People talk about "canned hunts"
    Surely in some way it must depend on the size of the park

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by calmac View Post
    i once went to blair drummond safari & adventure park plenty of wildlife but when i enquired about stalking i didnt get the the responce i wanted .... ( this is a joke )

Ha ha good one Calmac...made me laugh anyway

Quote Originally Posted by calmac View Post
    you told me you where not going to ask them when you went.... typical stalker say one thing and do another... you blown it now for the rest of us serious stalkers who want to shoot a tame deer been hand fed and reared so not to bolt when we approach..... not fair.

Account Suspended
    I am saying nowt if I open my mouth I get jumped on for pointing out the facts..
    I get some decent deer down in my local pub as well its called the Roe Buck inn
    I believe they get enticed out to feed with left overs and buns along with mars bars a snickers, I understand some of the buggers like those twiglets as well some of them are partial to pork scratching, at least thats what i have neen told.
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 04-08-2010 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Howa243 why not these Guys a try if that what you are into not for me but these lot seem to make a living from it.When I asked about Stags Sika was c. 1000 Red c. 2000 and a Barasinga was c. 6000I think hunting should be fair chase
    Checked that link out Logan. Seems an o/k outfitters to me. If some guys want specimen heads and are willing to pay the price, who are we to complain. After all they will all be cull animals anyway. Business is business as they say !

PS. Who's that Malcolm Harman bloke who set it up? I bet he's one of those guys who loves to stalk Sika

Rocky
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple