National Deer Management Conference - 8th Sept 2017

From the latest edition of Deer magazine received today:

"... the day will feature a number of key industry experts speaking about current issues affecting deer management, including night shooting, thermal imaging, ticks and Lyme disease, Chronic Wasting Disease, feral wild boar, rifle maintenance and access to stalking."

So no more news than post #16 on 30th June.... :(

Last edited:
Yes perhaps it is but with respect though, as a nation I see us as Britain as do 2 of the groups running the conference if their names are anything to go by....

But to be fair Jimmy we have different firearm and deer laws and different deer seasons in Scotland , the Deer initiative has no power in Scotland that roll being filled by SNH
So a lot probably not applicable to those north of the border so for an English event maybe not that badly sighted
maybe should have been promoted as such.

But to be fair Jimmy we have different firearm and deer laws and different deer seasons in Scotland , the Deer initiative has no power in Scotland that roll being filled by SNH
So a lot probably not applicable to those north of the border so for an English event maybe not that badly sighted
maybe should have been promoted as such.

It has no power in England and Wales either, its solely an advisory body.

I am going tomorrow as, despite all the expert naysayers on here, I feel I can always learn something.

Anyone else going from Suffolk/Norfolk for a car share - PM me?

From what I have seen and heard, most of the 'Speakers' that attend these sort of events are people that have had experience in Deer stalking, like most of us, but built their reputation as 'Experts' by holding these sort of events.
I have found the normal gatherings of members of this site that have periodic get togethers have as much experience and knowledge as most of the 'Speakers' at such events.
When I have attended such informal gatherings I have noticed the experienced stalkers impart knowledge/tips to the less experienced about kit and methods of use as good as any of the 'Speakers' at some of the formal events I have attended.

Back