Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Roe Buck

First Roe Buck

It gave me great pleasure on Monday evening to get my 14 year old lad onto his first roe buck. Here is Connor with his prize, I think I was ten times more excited than he was!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone 155.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	2100

PS...the rifle was double and triple checked as unloaded prior to the photo!

Deako,Connor,
    Well done to both of you, fantastic to be there for Connors first buck and looks like a well placed shot,
    good memories for both

smithy

Thanks smithy,

He's been stalking with me numerous times over the last few years, but would never take a shot as he wanted to be 100% confident of a clean kill. On Monday the perfect broadside shot presented itself and away he went!

Deako,

My lad is 14 in a few weeks how much hasle did you have getting him his FAC or was it an easy and painless process?

You must be very proud i also like that he didn't want to take a shot until he was sure of a clean kill, it shows real responsibility and respect to the buck.

George

deako,

well done for that mate and well done to connor.
    make sure he doesnt get the stalking bug or he will take all yours of you.

well done lads, opps i should say, men, now that he has his first under his belt.

f.

Sweep,

He has not yet got his own FAC. Local FEO told me to take him out stalking (with the landowners consent) to see if he had the right level of maturity towards the sport, then to apply should he wish to pursue a stalking career. It was intimated though that the proceedure should be pretty straightforward.

I dont now how well you get on with yoru feo but watch your back as it is illegal for anyone under 17 to use a rifle for hunting or stalking unles they have there own fac

p.s.

well done Connor
    Last edited by sweep 6.5x55; 04-08-2010 at 17:55. Reason: congrats

Quote Originally Posted by sweep 6.5x55 View Post
    I dont now how well you get on with yoru feo but watch your back as it is illegal for anyone under 17 to use a rifle for hunting or stalking unles they have there own fac

p.s.

well done Connor
    Not so.

Firearms Act 1968

Section 11(1)A person carrying a firearm or ammunition belonging to another person holding a certificate under this Act may, without himself holding such a certificate, have in his possession that firearm or ammunition under instructions from, and for the use of, that other person for sporting purposes only.

Thanks Sweep/David, I'll try to get hold of the FEO this week for clarification.

Until then, Connor didn't shoot that buck, it was me!