Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Shooting Bench and solution to the flinch

My Shooting Bench and solution to the flinch

Well after i developed a flinch i decided it my be down to poor shooting position more than anything so i got about designing a shooting bench. My master plan involved making a bench that could fit on top of a workmate to save having to make a full table. So i popped off to B&Q and bought a piece of Ply 2 foot by 4 foot. I then spent several hours penciling on different possible designs until i settled on what i then had someone who is a bit more handy then me cut out with his jigsaw (something i don't own anyway.) I then nailed a piece of wood to the under-side of the table that would be used to hold the top in place between the vice of the workmate. After a couple of coats of varnish it was finished and all i needed was a stool to shoot off that i acquired from argos for a fiver. Anyway went out this afternoon to give it a go and it was highly successful. I managed to get the gun zeroed in 5 shots and there was no flinch so i assume that had arisen due to a bad shooting position. Its a good system as it collapses very small for storage. I just need to varnish the underside and the sides and maybe re-do the wood bar that fits in the vice as its not in a straight line but it doesn't bother me as it works fine. Thanks for all the advice on how to get over the flinch and im glad i managed.

George

So when you go stalking you`re taking the table with you?
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    basil.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    basil.
    haha well no but on my farm due to the farm being so flat, prone shooting is a no no so it allows me get a steady base. i was shooting nelt of the cab of a pick up before and it just wasn't working and its increasing confidence so there

George

is that a black and decker stalkmate

Quote Originally Posted by PAULT View Post
    is that a black and decker stalkmate

George

I have seen the problem George the bolt is on the wrong side of the rifle and you have the bench top on the stalkmate upsidedown

I was going to make a "smart" comment on the bolt and backwards table but thought I would leave that to others

Glad to hear your sorted, or on the way to being sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    I was going to make a "smart" comment on the bolt and backwards table but thought I would leave that to others

Glad to hear your sorted, or on the way to being sorted.
    Just shot a perfect clover leaf at 100 yards with it and the flinch is gone. Will give prone shooting a go and then i will know im over it but i think it was mainly down to a bad stance first off.

George

you bringing the group over to right or are you leaving it off to the left