Venison and chorizo burgers

Well that works!!

Some finally chopped onions softened in olive oil. Add some diced fresh chilli and garlic after a few minutes. Allow to cool. Meanwhile finely chop some chorizo - mine was about 3-4mm cubes and worked well. Ratio was about 2 or 3 parts venison, to 1 part chorizo. Mix the whole lot together with some venison mince, salt and pepper.

The fat in the chorizo keeps the burgers lovely and moist, and you don't need to worry about cooking them right through as you would with pork mince.

Yup done this combo a few time , I peel the chorizo & mince it then thru the venison mince ....onions a must ....and whatever herbs / seasoning you want
A damn fine combo
As for this pic ....I couldn't get anymore chorizo ..wanted at least double , but I put some pork belly thru as well

Paul
aae11d09d68b9348aed6f245c23bfaa2.jpg

35e127aeb3ffa8518527c2bad978e5af.jpg

I would have thought 30% of Chorizo would still overpower the venison taste.
Will give it a try sometime.

I thought it was closed season for chorizo? Don't they still have dependent chipolatas this time of year??

Was domestic chorizo biffo ......& I took them under general licence from Scottish National Chorozo Society .
I also hold CSC level 100
with the Night vision......not allowed a lamp as it taints the meat

I really like Chorizo and I really like venison, but I have tried mixing the two in a burger in the past, and they just don't work for me. I have never had good results from mincing Roe venison - I don't think it has the structure to be minced - unlike Red Deer or Beef. For me much better to keep the Chorizo as chorizo sausages and the Roe venison as steaks and cook them that way. All my trimmings on Roe carcasses go into the dog bowl.

Back