Old School Drilling

mchughcb

Even after 50 years, this unit still gets to hunt every second week but I am impressed with the new Minox ZX5i 1-5x24 on it. Anybody thinking of getting one it is great value for money.

Drillings seem to hold their own in accuracy rifle wise plus they also have to shotgun barrels to boot :tiphat:

Only 50 - that's still young. A well made gun shooting not over the top loads will last a very long time indeed and can be passed from father to son to grand and great grand children. I have friends who use their great grandfathers gun. Not sure how many modern polymer built guns will be in service in 50 let alone 100 years time.

Those minox scopes are good and very good value for money. What reticle are you using.

Only 50 - that's still young. A well made gun shooting not over the top loads will last a very long time indeed and can be passed from father to son to grand and great grand children. I have friends who use their great grandfathers gun. Not sure how many modern polymer built guns will be in service in 50 let alone 100 years time.

Those minox scopes are good and very good value for money. What reticle are you using.

The reticle is a fine plex with an illuminated cross. Not ideal for driven hunt but turning up the illumination its okay but for stalking its pretty darn good.

how does it work with the aimpoint and the shotgun/ rifle barrels? is the dot zeroed to the rifle and the shotgun is roughly in the same area ? or are you making ajustments in your head while shooting?

Andy

Back