Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Advanced Deer Management - Bankfoot

Courses being held in Hampshire and Perth ?
    When I enquired a few month previous they confirmed there was no plans to have any courses elsewhere in the UK
    There are a lot of deer to be managed between these locations
    Costs of travel plus accommodation, loss of wages, sadly these locations don't work for me.
    Are there any updates on planned locations / courses for 2018
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

If the course contains similar material to its predecessor then it has some mathematics involved which for those not mathematically bent will find confusing.
    How's your end of the gene pool today?

billh, I’ve just completed the course at Bankfoot. Indeed there was a system for cull planning which involved sums - I wouldn’t really call it maths. However, this particular part of the course was extensively covered, much more so than other topics, and even I, who basically was sh*&&”’ng myself about this, managed it. Or I think I did anyway. Realistically this is probably old hat nowadays, as everyone in the world would have a computer programme for this. I went home from the course and showed it to a young lad and he said, “oh i’ll make you a programme for that just now!” So, maybe sensibly, that’s what’s should be being taught. Having said that, my excel skill are zilch, but given the fairly basic sets of data to be input I don’t think it would be difficult.
    Dont let this put anybody off attending an informative course.

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunting View Post
    Courses being held in Hampshire and Perth ?
    When I enquired a few month previous they confirmed there was no plans to have any courses elsewhere in the UK
    There are a lot of deer to be managed between these locations
    Costs of travel plus accommodation, loss of wages, sadly these locations don't work for me.
    Are there any updates on planned locations / courses for 2018
    My understanding is the courses are run when and where there is sufficient demand for them. I waited a number of years for this course to come up near at hand. Some attendees travelled a long way to attend this course. One attendee came from Skye, another from Beauly, some from Dumfries and Galloway, another two from the north of England. Overall I thought the course was excellent and well worth taking 3 days holiday to attend.

Best regards

JCS