Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Deer Management - Bankfoot

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    The BDS course does - or certainly did - cover park deer, at least when I took it. Back then, though, it was a five day course.

Give Glyn a call and I am sure he will be happy to confirm.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Just wondering is anyone doing this course in fordingbridge March 2018 as I am interested
    cheers jab

In case it helps anyone hopefully attached is the contents page of my manual from 3 years ago
    Attachment 85322
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Thankyou James. A meaty manual. I see the last chapter starts on page 231. A lot for a dyslexic to take in. Lots for anyone to take in.
    Of course, the content may have changed. We shall see, either before the start if there is any advice given to us, or on the first morning. I noticed an eight thirty start. So, in the room at eight. Thank goodness I live in Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    Thankyou James. A meaty manual. I see the last chapter starts on page 231. A lot for a dyslexic to take in. Lots for anyone to take in.
    Of course, the content may have changed. We shall see, either before the start if there is any advice given to us, or on the first morning. I noticed an eight thirty start. So, in the room at eight. Thank goodness I live in Perth.
    Apologies to the site owners for commenting here when the BDS do not hold trade membership. I will try again to call you tomorrow but in the meantime please do not rely on a document that is three years out of date, several aspects have changed, not least timings and venue. Joining instructions will be sent out well in advance of the course. Thanks Glyn

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    This is actually the one course I've always fancied doing , a , because I'm interested , and b , it doesn't seem to attract the same sort of willy waving as the D.Sc. brigade , I like the fact that it's voluntary ( you don't need it for fc land etc or isn't being used by feo to get someone's fac granted) does it cover park deer and movement of deer in any depth as that's something I've always wanted to learn more about ?
    Atb jim
    Yes it does. I did it in March and it was a very good course, run well and with a lot of information provided. All those I spoke to enjoyed it and benefited from it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post

That is ideal, exactly what I was initially after.

Thankyou

Bumpity bumpity bump bump bump. This is a great opportunity folks to do this course in sunny Scotland instead of a trail to the South.
    As I keep saying, all I'm interested in is it going ahead. There is nothing from BDS regarding numbers, so I'm living in hope. Having said that, there is nothing from BDS at all!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    ..... Joining instructions will be sent out well in advance of the course. Thanks Glyn
    I've received my joining instructions. Regards JCS