Advanced Deer Management - Bankfoot

The BDS course does - or certainly did - cover park deer, at least when I took it. Back then, though, it was a five day course.

Give Glyn a call and I am sure he will be happy to confirm.

Just wondering is anyone doing this course in fordingbridge March 2018 as I am interested
cheers jab

Thankyou James. A meaty manual. I see the last chapter starts on page 231. A lot for a dyslexic to take in. Lots for anyone to take in.
Of course, the content may have changed. We shall see, either before the start if there is any advice given to us, or on the first morning. I noticed an eight thirty start. So, in the room at eight. Thank goodness I live in Perth.

Thankyou James. A meaty manual. I see the last chapter starts on page 231. A lot for a dyslexic to take in. Lots for anyone to take in.
Of course, the content may have changed. We shall see, either before the start if there is any advice given to us, or on the first morning. I noticed an eight thirty start. So, in the room at eight. Thank goodness I live in Perth.

Apologies to the site owners for commenting here when the BDS do not hold trade membership. I will try again to call you tomorrow but in the meantime please do not rely on a document that is three years out of date, several aspects have changed, not least timings and venue. Joining instructions will be sent out well in advance of the course. Thanks Glyn

This is actually the one course I've always fancied doing , a , because I'm interested , and b , it doesn't seem to attract the same sort of willy waving as the D.Sc. brigade , I like the fact that it's voluntary ( you don't need it for fc land etc or isn't being used by feo to get someone's fac granted) does it cover park deer and movement of deer in any depth as that's something I've always wanted to learn more about ?
Atb jim

Yes it does. I did it in March and it was a very good course, run well and with a lot of information provided. All those I spoke to enjoyed it and benefited from it.

Bumpity bumpity bump bump bump. This is a great opportunity folks to do this course in sunny Scotland instead of a trail to the South.
As I keep saying, all I'm interested in is it going ahead. There is nothing from BDS regarding numbers, so I'm living in hope. Having said that, there is nothing from BDS at all!!!!

So, we start in Bankfoot in the morning. I'm looking forward to this. A number of topics on the agenda. I'll keep you posted.

I can almost guarantee that you will not only learn something fresh from the Instructors but also from the other attendees.
I found that the type of person that attends these courses are pretty clued up already and a lot of them have attended to find out if they can learn any more or to prove that what they know already is correct - in most cases it is.

Well. Day one - of three. Intensive, interesting, inclusive - as far as the many participants were concerned - informative and just generally, very ixciting. Yes there were a few spelling mistakes but this is a very high standard piece of training.
So, of course, two more days and three exams to go, the first of which is at quarter to nine in the morning. Easy decision on what to do this evening then. The information folder beckons.

Good luck on the test mate,

GH1, can anyone do this course? And how much is it? I've only been stalking for 5years and have my dsc1 and dsc2, and have only had my own ground for the last 2 years. I have grassed many deer but am still a novice in my eyes. Do you need to be a pro to do the course? The way I see it is that I did the DSCs because I wanted too and also wanted to do it properly .This is something I would be interested in as I would like to gain MORE knowledge

PM me the details if you want mate,

kjf

Thoroughly recommend Did mine about 3 years ago and my only thought is I would get a couple of years stalking under your belt post DSC 2 - I found I related much better to the content as could understand and contribute my own experience as well as compare notes with others there. I had been stalking about 15 years before deciding to do this. Bit like its best to do an MBA a few years after working rather than dive in straight after degree
S

Thoroughly recommend Did mine about 3 years ago and my only thought is I would get a couple of years stalking under your belt post DSC 2 - I found I related much better to the content as could understand and contribute my own experience as well as compare notes with others there. I had been stalking about 15 years before deciding to do this. Bit like its best to do an MBA a few years after working rather than dive in straight after degree
S

my line of thought also mate, I have a couple of older fellas in my syndicate who I'm learning more off. I'm just interested in deer, the whole kit and caboodle, not just the pulling the trigger and filling my belly lol

thanks for the advice,

kjf

Kjf. Anyone can do the course. There's a good cross section on this one with some real experts, amongst the attendees, and some relative novices out to increase their knowledge. I don't remember how much it costs as I paid it a while ago, but in the mid three hundred quid range. Look at the BDS website and I'm sure you'll find it. I think I'll have answered most of your questions, with some other bits of advice from people who have been on other courses. Every day, in life, not just here, truly is a school day.
The bottom line is, don't be frightened to get onto as many courses as you can. We never stop learning.
Good hunting.

Kjf. Anyone can do the course. There's a good cross section on this one with some real experts, amongst the attendees, and some relative novices out to increase their knowledge. I don't remember how much it costs as I paid it a while ago, but in the mid three hundred quid range. Look at the BDS website and I'm sure you'll find it. I think I'll have answered most of your questions, with some other bits of advice from people who have been on other courses. Every day, in life, not just here, truly is a school day.
The bottom line is, don't be frightened to get onto as many courses as you can. We never stop learning.
Good hunting.

:tiphat::thumb:

Back