scent shoes !

User00014

evening all ,

anyone know where i can get a set of waidwerk scent shoes ?

any infomation would be greatly recieved !

cheers lee

Hi
i looked all over and considered importing a set. save your self the trouble and time and get some from mark and Alison AKA paint and pins

ATB
Cam

Hi
i looked all over and considered importing a set. save your self the trouble and time and get some from mark and Alison AKA paint and pins

ATB
Cam

i did try and call mark earlier in the week , ill try again on monday !

cheers for ure help

lee

i did try and call mark earlier in the week , ill try again on monday !

They've been in the process of moving house so might be slow to reply. Might be best to email or use the mobile number and leave a message.

Hello

I have been getting a my equipment from Waidwerk direct. No problem with import taxes etc order normally with you within 4 days

Cheers

Scent shoes

What type do you want as I may be able to supply
The new type or traditional

Please excuse me for asking but what are they for or what is the point of them
surely all they do is train the dog to follow your own foot sent

Please excuse me for asking but what are they for or what is the point of them
surely all they do is train the dog to follow your own foot sent

No, not really. There's a lot more going on than just 'foot scent', particularly when the track is aged for 4 hours or more. Distributed scent from the tracklayer will decay at a much faster rate than the scent from the blood, deer scent glands and crushed vegetation.

Some discussion on it here: http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?12113-Laying-scent-trail

Last edited:
Sorry to everyone who has been trying to get in touch, only we could move to a house where there is no mobile signal and BT messed up the phone and internet. We are now back online, so if you have tried to get in touch, please try Mark on the mobile as he is working his way through the messages.
Alison

Sweep 6.5x55 when you lay a trail you leave behind the scent of blood, hoof, and your self. whether the scent of you has Dispersed or not do's not really matter. Your training the dog to follow a scent trail thats all. The fact that it smells a bit like a animal is so you can do the cross over to tracking deer.
Its just the same with training a spaniel or lab to retreive. Do the dummies you throw look or smell like a pheasant, partridge grouse? No a dummy smells of your scent. You are just training the dog to retrieve. You then have to do the cross over to game.
When you lay a trail you leave behind more than your foot scent. You leave a human trail
of many body scents, Sweat, skin cells clothing smells etc.

My dog was trained on cow blood and boar hooves but he will track every thing from roe to moose.

I lay my trails by dragging the hoof on a bit of string. This is because Swede's are tight and won't spend the money on a pair of tracking shoes .
I do have a pair on order from Germany to try to lay some very hard tracks for the dog over the winter and scent shoes are ideal for doing that.

www.prokennel.se

Back