Jewelled rifle bolt

steyr

has anyone on here ever jewelled their own rifle bolt,or had it done? Ive been looking on the web and cant find a smith that advertises this in the UK.but Ive seen people do it ..DIY style mainly in the USA! ide rather do it myself if i could..,depending on cost of having it done professionaly..vs..the cost and look diy style. any thoughts please.:-|

google search midway USA on youtube, there's a video on there showing how to do it with a pillar drill.
I've been thinking about doing mine.

Last edited:
I have done about 40 of them professionally but they are out of style now. That glinty bolt body tends to set deer and other game off, I guess. It is simply a matter of polishing circles onto a polished bolt surface. You can use abrasive paper tabs glued to a dowel if you wish, but the best results come from jeweling heads in the chuck of a drill press. With care you can do a good job at home, with the proper tools, if it gets out of hand, though, the results can be miserable to look at. If you don't have the proper set up I'd just hire the job out.~Muir

has anyone on here ever jewelled their own rifle bolt,or had it done? Ive been looking on the web and cant find a smith that advertises this in the UK.but Ive seen people do it ..DIY style mainly in the USA! ide rather do it myself if i could..,depending on cost of having it done professionaly..vs..the cost and look diy style. any thoughts please.:-|

I like this series of videos. "Thads the wey id is"

Back