Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBQ Venison Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Loin, rub salt, cook a few minutes each side to your preferred state (but rare/medium rare is better). Simple, tender, tasty!
    Totally agree with EtR above
    Nothing worse than overcooked steak of any type - I think sweet sauces go well A couple of shots of port and/or red wine , tablespoon of redcurrant jelly, bit of orange zest - simmer it for a few minutes and you're good to go
    Roe loin makes great steak sandwiches accompanied by some fried onions and mushrooms

Voink balls. V for venison/oink from the bacon!!

Venison meatballs wrapped in streaky bacon cooked indirect with a dusting of a rub of your choice. Once cooked to internal temp of about 135-140f drop in a tray and smother with homemade bbq sauce to coat. Guaranteed they won't last long!!

Cooked before the sauce but forgot to take pic after coz they vanished!!

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

I mostly use minced pork 50/50 with venison for sausages or burgers and for meatballs
    Venison sausage mix bought from the internet does a good job as well
    Minced venison makes excellent bolognese sauce as well
    - you can tell I am enthusiastic can't you? - I'll shut up now!

I pass them over hot coals very quickly on both sides so as to seal the juices in (if the meat is not too thick) only with a bit of salt.... I like using plum with venison, or even quince when in season.

but theres a really good book on the subject called VENISON, The game larder. by Jose S. Souto.

Venison skewers.

Diced venison, marinated in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and ginger.

Soak wooden skewers in water (to avoid them burning or catching fire) then skewer on the meat and BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by shotguntom View Post
    Soak wooden skewers in water (to avoid them burning or catching fire)
    Soak the whole pack of wooden skewers and then freeze the ones that you don't use.

Then, next time you want to make up some skewers, just taken some frozen, pre-soaked frozen ones out of the freezer and they're ready to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    Soak the whole pack of wooden skewers and then freeze the ones that you don't use.

Then, next time you want to make up some skewers, just taken some frozen, pre-soaked frozen ones out of the freezer and they're ready to use.
    I got some of these but good idea if you already have a load of wooden ones mate!! - BrilliantDay 8 Pcs Stainless Steel BBQ Kebab Skewers Barbecue Forks 15-inch Long - Durable and Reusable Pro Barbecue Grill Tool: Amazon.co.uk: Garden Outdoors
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

My fav is gloves ? you need em lol then add any mustard of your choice , I then roll 2x2 inch lumps of tender loin in brown sugar just bbq till pink in the centre hmmm glass of sweet red that will do it for me .

They look the nuts mty No pun intended lol , best you bring some next h4h

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Voink balls. V for venison/oink from the bacon!!

Venison meatballs wrapped in streaky bacon cooked indirect with a dusting of a rub of your choice. Once cooked to internal temp of about 135-140f drop in a tray and smother with homemade bbq sauce to coat. Guaranteed they won't last long!!

Cooked before the sauce but forgot to take pic after coz they vanished!!

Stratts

Sorry Stratts

It's not Voinks
    It's Doinks !!!
    D for deer

Already been discussed on countrywood smoke

Paul