Deer stalking course

hendrix's rifle

Would anyone be able to advise the best course? I like dsc1 however the time is a pain and there isn't anywhere near me that does it frequently. It's for me to learn a bit more than I already know and to help tick the box for my full bore so I can get out stalking my own ground! The FEO said I don't need it but it would help and I'd like to learn something anyway. Many thanks

As above dsc1. Speak to mike at calton moor range, he runs course`s every two months. I did mine with him in June and I cannot recommend his facilities enough.

learn online dsctraining.org and just sit the test day !DSC 1 done in a day
if your confident then it shouldn't be a problem

learn online dsctraining.org and just sit the test day !DSC 1 done in a day
if your confident then it shouldn't be a problem

I agree it is perfectly possible to learn the theory at home/online and just turn up for the exam and shooting test, I was a complete novice when I started the course but passed both theory and practical on the day.

Hi Hendrix

I did mine with Mike From Calton Moor (as above). I can't recommend Mike's courses enough. I did the assessment only on the Sunday due to similar time constraints. I did my own revision using the book that Mike supplied and used DSCtraining.org | Online training for your DSC1 for a week before I sat the exams. If I had the time I would have sat the full course.

if you have any questions please feel free to PM me

Although it can be done through home learning (and would be pretty easy for anyone of moderate intelligence), I would definitely recommend doing the whole course if you can - it's all the "extras" and the chats over lunch and the contacts you'll make that are worth having.

Although it can be done through home learning (and would be pretty easy for anyone of moderate intelligence), I would definitely recommend doing the whole course if you can - it's all the "extras" and the chats over lunch and the contacts you'll make that are worth having.

+1 and its enjoyable

Follow through with Mike from Calton Moor Range, he's only a half hour drive from you. Did my DSC 1 & 2 yonks ago with him. He's one of the good guys in the business.

Back