New certificate, new gun, new ground

Special day today for my wife... She's shot before a few times, once on a shared lesson with me, then at the have a go stand at a game fair, and then having caught the bug, a few times with the "Shotgun and Chelsea Bun Club".
Back in April she applied for her certificate and today she texted me whilst I was at work to tell me it had arrived. Very happy she was too, especially as I recently bought her a gun (having previously only borrowed one).
Knowing she'd be itching to get out and try it out, we found the nearest ground that's open on Saturday afternoon (millride, near Wolverhampton) and set off. The layout is very compact, but the staff were very friendly and welcoming as neither of us had visited before. Made us feel at home and showed us where everything was, then it was off for a round of 50 sporting.
Needless to say my wife enjoyed her first outing "on her own" immensely and is very pleased with her new gun.
I enjoyed sharing the experience with her, although I can't say I'm overly satisfied with my score.... Maybe I need a nice new gun too...

Always room for a new gun in the cabinet Simon and if its full well buy another :rofl:,just think woman ,handbag and shoes its your get out of jail free card atb

were shooting this coming Sunday, as we get five Sundays this month.
in general contact the club via the web page and turn up at about 9:30 for bacon rolls and coffee before heading out to shoot at 10AM, back in the pub circa 12PM for a beer.
your free to shoot with myself and my son. drop me a PM if you need anything further.
Mark

You wife should definitely have her own cabinet so that overcrowding and possible damage to guns does not occur ;)

You wife should definitely have her own cabinet so that overcrowding and possible damage to guns does not occur ;)

Don't worry, as it is she's sharing my shotgun storage, but of course she doesn't have a FAC so I have plenty of space to ̶h̶i̶d̶e̶ store things she can't k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ have access to :lol:

I've been to park farm a few times, it's only 20 minutes away but obviously not open all the time. I didn't know about over the road though, sounds worth a look!

Don't worry, as it is she's sharing my shotgun storage, but of course she doesn't have a FAC so I have plenty of space to ̶h̶i̶d̶e̶ store things she can't k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ have access to :lol:

I've been to park farm a few times, it's only 20 minutes away but obviously not open all the time. I didn't know about over the road though, sounds worth a look!

My wife also "shares" my cabinet, but as she only has SGC and not FAC she can't have access to it or the keys. Which was handy when I lost my wedding ring, because I told her it was in the ammo compartment for safe keeping as what with cricket, rugby, weights etc I was worried about damaging it or breaking my finger and having to have the ring cut off. She bought that for two years, until I found the lost ring buried in a pocket of a roe sack. I must have taken it off while out and about, put it in there and forgotten about it.

Simon,
both you and your good lady would be most welcome to join us at the Bowling Green this Sunday or the second Sunday of the month.
Regards
Mark

Simon,

no problem, your most welcome, the guest fees are about £25.00 for sixty sporting which includes coffee and bacon rolls before we head out, back to the bar afterwards???
effectively just turn up at about 9:30 or PM me for my mobile and ill introduce you as our guest. as long as you can put up with a dwarf from the black country and a highly vocal Scotsman.

PS membership fees are about £30 a year which gets you a fiver off each shoot!
Mark

Back