Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wooden high seats

wooden high seats

just wondering if any one out there has any idea where i might find some info on building a wooden high seat.four of us have just taken on a bit of ground for this coming game/duck season for a few walk rounds it has no deer on but the farmer is pestered with charlie as he keeps alot of free range hens/turkeys so we are thinking of putting a couple of high seats up.i could do with diagrams/measurements.thanks tika.308

Im in the same boat, but Ive seen free standing seats which I think I will measure as I think they are superb.

nutty

hi tika
    when you come back over to me bring a note pad and pen so while i am looking for deer you can write down the measurements of my wooden one , you already know it is comfortable as steyr243 prooved
    awake he said
    my ares

sorry all my seat was taken from a plan that charles fenn gave a detail description of in the shooting time a few years ago , just i made a few adjustments to suit the timber available at the time , good solid highseat , take some nicking

I'd also be interested in viewing the plans.

How can i get a hold of them? I could convert them to CAD and then they could be used as a resource by the group.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun
    I'd also be interested in viewing the plans.

How can i get a hold of them? I could convert them to CAD and then they could be used as a resource by the group.

Marc
    i shall try and dig them out as i specialy kept these so i could use it again , but knowing what the mother inlaw is like she probaly has used it to light the aga with, she's like that
    so i would not hold my breath waiting for them , if i can find them i will post them for you, best i can do i am afraid

Stone mate, I've been in your highseat remember? I must say mate that I'd have been more comfortable crucified to the tree!

that explains it then
    i always wondered why you were hanging around in that tree as the highseat was in the next one up
    next you will be telling me you can walk on water