update

swampy

hello guys,
quick ankle update for you.

I went into hospital on thursday expecting a mosiac plasty. (bits of my knee gratfed into my ankle).

Unfortunately the broken down area of the ankle had got to big for this and too close to the edge. So i went in and they drilled out the areas that had broken down. They then put bits of coral in the holes.

This should mean that in time my bone grows into the coral like a scaffold and it should replace the knackered area of bone.

the surgeon had to break my leg to do the operation so he has screwed it back together. I am in plaster and it hurts like billyo.

The long term prognosis is not as good as if they did the mosiac plasty. but it should be ok. I am hoping to be on my feet by the roe rut.

A lot of guys have sent me emails with thier best wishes. Thanks for this.

Steve

Hi Steve,

That sounds painful - hope it's not too long before you're back on your feet and completely moblie.

Nick

Best wishes Steve hope the outcome of the op is good and you are soon out and about bounding round the woods again.
Regards FB

Good luck and all the best with your recovery Swampy. It all sounds bloody horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! 'Coral' how strange, I just hope they scrubs the crabs and barnacles off first! You wouldn't want either hanging around your neither regions. :eek: At this rate you will have to change your name from 'Swampy' to 'Salt water lagoon'. :lol:

All the very best to you Swampy. Please explain more about the coral, sounds fascinating if a bit bloody sci fi. Was it brain coral, or stags head coral? One would seem more appropriate for a stalker, the other for a politician, I leave it for you to decide.
Mark

I must have been on cloud cookoo land swampy I never knew!! But all the best mate get better soon theres deer out there with your name on them!!

nutty

best wishes swampy
hope it's a quick recovery as the roe rut is not to far away :lol:
take care and take it easy

I hope you have a speedy recovery and you are back in those woods very soon.
Many thanks for all your help.
All the best mate,
Gyr

get well soon swampy, Just think all that time you can spend surfing the net while you recover ;)

Does that mean he is going to go blind at well Steyr??????

Good luck Swampy. I thought you could get arrested now for gathering coral for personal use!
Get well soon mate.

Hi Steve

Sorry to hear of your troubles I hope you get well soon. :D

All the best

Thar

Get well soon swamps. Hope this is the last of your problems with the ankle. A good excuse to get out and lounge around in the sunshine with a cold beer 'recuperating'.

Kin ell mate sounds orrid .. :rolleyes:

Hope you are feeling a bit better now, all the best take it easy don't rush it I ripped off a cast when I broke my foot years ago and now it can play up something rotten just do what the docs say and let it nature take its course.

Hey
Swampy glad to hear all is well and that you have a good prognosis. I do know how you feel, I spent 18 months in a wheel chair between my 15th and 18th birthdays after a surgeon decided he needed to break my ankles in 8 places each, my feet are really pretty I assure you LOL. Chin up you'll be back stalking before you know it.
REgards
Alled

Back