Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rifle Web site

New Rifle Web site

http://centrefireuk.freeforums.org/

Un Known Quantity because it is new but I am sure it has potential.

Dave

Are we allowed to mention other forums??

Never asked before, even though I run a general shooting/countrysports forum but have never plugged it here as not sure of the etiquette.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
    I think that its okay to mention other forums. Many of the members of this site use other forums. I personally don't because I get fed up of running into the trolls of this site hiding on other sites.

What is your site called?

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Hi Jerry,
    I think that its okay to mention other forums. Many of the members of this site use other forums. I personally don't because I get fed up of running into the trolls of this site hiding on other sites.

What is your site called?
    Trolls...yeah, we have had a few of them too in the past!!!

My site is http://shootingcommunity.co.uk/

Much of the content is still being developed but the forum has been running for a while now:

http://shootingcommunity.co.uk/forum/

The site came about when the sporting countryside site folded due to "issues", read trolls…...

Myself and another member decided to pick up the baton and start afresh. So far it has been great with 3 exceptions as far as membership goes, trolls though are often not that hard to spot.

The site is aimed at all country sports with a family orientated approach, we have a junior section and junior members, so we try and keep things "clean" as much as possible.

Some very experienced members, shooters of all disciplines, dog handlers, gamekeepers, rough shooters, etc, etc.

If you drop by say hello, I use the shame name on all forums I use so there is no hiding for me!

Thanks

Jerry

A very good website Sanders and some names I recognise from this site. Well done and good luck!

As for trolls it might be an idea to share info amongst the hunting sites. That way they will have nowhere to hide.

A very good website Sanders and some names I recognise from this site. Well done and good luck!

As for trolls it might be an idea to share info amongst the hunting sites. That way they will have nowhere to hide.
    Many thanks, I hope we can make a thing of it .....

More than happy to share details of trolls, IP addresses are the best way but even they can be masked.

Jerry

What we have done on here before with trolls is watch for the way a troll writes or how he reacts to a certain subject such as "Isn't the Tikka T3 Lite the best rifle ever"! One dumb troll fell for that one three times under three different names! We then watched for his responses to other questions and then bagged him!

I'd make a lousey troll because I 'always use too many quote marks' and exclaimation marks!!!! A dead give away!

Trolls try to hide their little give aways, but eventually they slip back to their sloppy habits. 8)

hi sanders
    just had a look and well looks a tidy site
    may even look in myself from time to time
    as for the trolls i am pretty good at spotting them just not perfected the kill as yet but i get plenty of help from the others on this site no one enjoys them but you hav to fight the good fight at times
    good luck with the site
    stone

What we have done on here before with trolls is watch for the way a troll writes or how he reacts to a certain subject such as "Isn't the Tikka T3 Lite the best rifle ever"! One dumb troll fell for that one three times under three different names! We then watched for his responses to other questions and then bagged him!
    Funny enough, most of the problems we have had in the past have been around gun dogs, people can get so emotive about one dog vs the next. After that it is rifle calibres.....

Trolls try to hide their little give aways, but eventually they slip back to their sloppy habits. 8)
    To be a liar/troll you need a good memory, if you dont you get found out soon enough!

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by stone
    hi sanders
    just had a look and well looks a tidy site
    may even look in myself from time to time
    as for the trolls i am pretty good at spotting them just not perfected the kill as yet but i get plenty of help from the others on this site no one enjoys them but you hav to fight the good fight at times
    good luck with the site
    stone
    Thanks Stone, everyone is more than welcome, and if you can spot a troll before I do I might let you take the shot, practise makes perfect....