Thread: I have a sporting week ahead of me

I have a sporting week ahead of me

Well as you may be aware i booked some stalking on the reds on the ardnamurchan estate and was due to go up yesterday but due to a royal cock up on accommodation (firstly a overlapping of dates so knocked back 2 days (no major problem) then all the staff walked out) but its fine we got booked into a hotel based on the peninsular anyway so all the sporting opportunities are to go ahead.

Well tomorrow i start the trip up to scotland for some stalking. I am booked on for a couple of stags and have a week to achieve this in so even though nothing is a given i think the chances are good. I plan to bag a little roe buck if i can and i will also give it a go at getting my way on to a cull fallow buck if if the time is on my side. This is as they have roe, red, fallow and sika on the estate (or thats what i read from the site) and now my dad has suggested getting on some walked up grouse towards the end of the week if we can so i could have a real week of sport set out ahead of me if all goes to plan

See you on the other side and expect some detailed write ups with pics too.

George

Quote Originally Posted by groach1234 View Post
    Well as you may be aware i booked some stalking on the reds on the ardnamurchan estate and was due to go up yesterday but due to a royal cock up on accommodation (firstly a overlapping of dates so knocked back 2 days (no major problem) then all the staff walked out) but its fine we got booked into a hotel based on the peninsular anyway so all the sporting opportunities are to go ahead.

Well tomorrow i start the trip up to scotland for some stalking. I am booked on for a couple of stags and have a week to achieve this in so even though nothing is a given i think the chances are good. I plan to bag a little roe buck if i can and i will also give it a go at getting my way on to a cull fallow buck if if the time is on my side. This is as they have roe, red, fallow and sika on the estate (or thats what i read from the site) and now my dad has suggested getting on some walked up grouse towards the end of the week if we can so i could have a real week of sport set out ahead of me if all goes to plan

See you on the other side and expect some detailed write ups with pics too.

George
    i used to go to ardnamurchan and stay in sanna or achnaha. never shot there but did a lot of fishing. loch muddle worth a cast. the best fishing i did was off the rocks near the lighthouse, you cast into deep water over kelp. i used a fast sinking shooting head a 2 foot leader and a booby, a 3lb pollack on an 8 wt flyrod goes like a train. fish the incoming tide. tight lines/hot barrels.

I have my own slightly less ritzy sporting week. stalking fallow and muntjac near ipswich tomorrow. pigeon decoying thursday then a weekend of roe and muntjac stalking. will try to get out lamping in the evenings.

George,

Have a good week and I look forward to the write ups.

Where in Ardnamurchan are you stalking, its a wonderful part of Scotland?

Donsider

Quote Originally Posted by donsider View Post
    George,

Have a good week and I look forward to the write ups.

Where in Ardnamurchan are you stalking, its a wonderful part of Scotland?

Donsider

It is on the main estate although i am not sure where within the estate.

George