Buttolo calls breaking

NickJ

After having the same Buttolo for over 15 years 2 years back it packed up, the last 2 have not even lasted a season - I will now only use the Nordic as it's getting expensive....but actually prefer the buttolo esp for the 'screech' distress/doe call.

You can't open them up to really see what's gone wrong/fix them of course.

Anybody else noticed the quality waning of late or have I just been unlucky?

After having the same Buttolo for over 15 years 2 years back it packed up, the last 2 have not even lasted a season - I will now only use the Nordic as it's getting expensive....but actually prefer the buttolo esp for the 'screech' distress/doe call.

You can't open them up to really see what's gone wrong/fix them of course.

Anybody else noticed the quality waning of late or have I just been unlucky?

Butler Creek must have taken them over! No cant be true their flip ups don't make it through a season. It's a sad state of today's markets that so many products have to go down the cheaper component route but when you have margins to chase what do you do.

I tend to lose Butler Creek flip ups but the Buttolo has lasted eight years. Now watch me lose that as well.

It's just me then, must have put them in the same pocket as the Jungle Formula damn it!!

Any body got a spare rubber bulb as I have just lost mine. It was still going strong after 17 years!!

I have searched for a supplier of spares but it seems that they do not exist? Nearly found one in Germany but he would not supply as I was not a trader, in the translation to get around this he lost interest.

Surely there must be some one who makes them and has the parts available?

BC.

Is this a wind up? We are in the middle of the Roe rut and folk are asking for component parts for a £25 call?

Is this a wind up? We are in the middle of the Roe rut and folk are asking for component parts for a £25 call?
15th Aug mate, rut has finished in my area.......However, let me explain my question regarding changing the bulb......... My first Buttolo was perfectly tuned and worked like a dream on both Roe and Muntjac. When the bulb perished and split I bought a new Buttolo as a replacement but for the life of me I can't tune it the same as my first. Simples I thought, I'll just swap the bulbs over, if only it was simple! - I can't get the call apart to swap them over. If buying yet another Buttolo was the answer I'd have gladly shelled out the £25.Sauer

Back