Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.5x55 ammo...how much you paying?

6.5x55 ammo...how much you paying?

Right just started shooting the 6.5x55 and was wondering what sort of a price you are paying? i bought some Norma 156 grain vulkans at the cost of...40 for 20 so i decided to have a look about and found an RFD near me stocking 156 grain alaska tips at 20.20 a box and as it seemed a bargain snapped them up. They had sako 156 grains in at 24 a box. I was wondering what you are paying for your 6.5x55 ammo? i do plan to start reloading as and when i have the cash for the set up and enough brass as well (i have seen 95 grain noslers that would be a hell of a round for foxing).

George

Are you sure the 95 grain Noslers are for a 6 1/2? I have some 100 grain Noslers.

I use 139grain prvi partizan through mine and pay 11 a box. Like you, when I've got enough brass I'll start reloading my own.

pretty certain but as ever i could have been wrong.

George

Quote Originally Posted by groach1234 View Post
    Right just started shooting the 6.5x55 and was wondering what sort of a price you are paying? i bought some Norma 156 grain vulkans at the cost of...40 for 20 so i decided to have a look about and found an RFD near me stocking 156 grain alaska tips at 20.20 a box and as it seemed a bargain snapped them up. They had sako 156 grains in at 24 a box. I was wondering what you are paying for your 6.5x55 ammo? i do plan to start reloading as and when i have the cash for the set up and enough brass as well (i have seen 95 grain noslers that would be a hell of a round for foxing).

George
    Classic Lee Loader! $34 US complete in 6.5x55. Toss in a trimmer and a primer pocket cleaner and you're up to about $50 US. I know some here are probably rolling their eyes and saying "God! Here he goes again!" but this unit works. And dammed well I might add. For a new reloader it is the absolute easiest and cheapest way to produce quality ammunition from your once fired brass.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Marty J View Post
    I use 139grain prvi partizan through mine and pay 11 a box. Like you, when I've got enough brass I'll start reloading my own.
    If they're accurate, don't bother. You won't reload a round for 50p each.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I know some here are probably rolling their eyes and saying "God! Here he goes again!" ~Muir
    So let them carry on
    I would not be without mine, I'm only loading for my .223 but it is producing cheap accurate ammo time after time.
    Not sure how how many rounds people are using, but I get through 50 to 100 every week on rabbits and fox, loading takes me about 2 hours a week (not all in one go), including brass preparation.
    I load in batches of 50 or 100, clean cases in an ultrasonic bath when I have a few minutes, same for re-sizing and priming.
    When it's time to load a few more I just grab a box of clean sized and primed brass, out with the scales and away I go.

Neil.

i take in RWS 140grn twin core bullets special order rounds
    use them myself and sell them for 32 a box
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    If they're accurate, don't bother. You won't reload a round for 50p each.
    I can get sub inch groups at 100yds so theyre accurate enough but I enjoy reloading

Quote Originally Posted by Marty J View Post
    I can get sub inch groups at 100yds so theyre accurate enough but I enjoy reloading
    If i could source such a supply of cheap accurate rounds, i'd pack my reloading gear away and spend the extra couple of hours a week in the pub. What are they called, prvi partizan .........what?