Thread: Any way i can have more than one moderator per rifle on ticket ?

Any way i can have more than one moderator per rifle on ticket ?

Hi all,

Very confused.....i have a 5 year old T8 that is still going strong and i rate it, i just like the idea of buying one of the 'more modern lightweight models' currently available.....but i want to keep the T8.....

Am i allowed 2 moderators for my one rifle ? In short I would like to get every last penny out of the T8, i.e for practise on the range then switch to the light weight moderator for hunting....

I'm sure someone out there knows where i am coming from, any advice really appreciated !

Cheers

possibly by getting a variation for a new rifle and moderator and then only purchase the mod. make sure you ask for a calibre higher that what you have and the mod should then cover the lighter calibre.

Regards
    Tony
    TonyC

Change of moderator on the same rifle would mean a differant point of aim, you would be constantly sighting in for range then for stalking, I had a T8, sold it for £100 and bought an ase Ultra for 230, no comparison, things have moved on lots of better Mods out there now. deerwarden

I did it with my HMR, originally I asked for one rifle and one mod.
    Not very happy with the first mod so asked for 2 more moderator slots.
    They asked why, and I said I want to buy the 3 best rated mods and try them, I would then sell
    the one's I didn't want, after they had finished laughing they said yes.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wapiti View Post
    Hi all,

Very confused.....i have a 5 year old T8 that is still going strong and i rate it, i just like the idea of buying one of the 'more modern lightweight models' currently available.....but i want to keep the T8.....

Am i allowed 2 moderators for my one rifle ? In short I would like to get every last penny out of the T8, i.e for practise on the range then switch to the light weight moderator for hunting....

I'm sure someone out there knows where i am coming from, any advice really appreciated !

Cheers
    Dumfries and Galloway firearms licencing are much the same as any other department in that there are some things they are not willing to do. Generally speaking though, if your request isn't too far out, my experience is that they are happy to help.

If you can provide good reason, in that for example, you intend on using your heavier moderator for prone shooting and longer distance shots, in comparison to a moderator that is lighter, and more suitable to close up situations encountered in woodland stalking when shooting from sticks, then you may well get what you want.

Thanks guys - i really appreciate your help !

Hi “Bill”

Our new FLO Dave seems a good guy, a shooter himself, I think if you say you want the old steel moderator for use when doing load development and for use when shooting in noise sensitive area. You don’t want to use the light weight one because of baffle wear when doing load development but want it for when you are on long stalks where you carry the rifle a lot but shoot a little. All sounds like good reason to me, after all nobody went on the rampage with a moderator with out it being attached to a rifle.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the change in the POI while the theory is correct there will be a change when I have been swapping mods when testing the changes have been small or non-existent. If you are really worried about it you can try one of my light weights first on your rifle before you commit to a new one.

ATB

Tahr

I cant see any reason why a mod should need to be on the FAC anyway its just a load of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Choc View Post
    I cant see any reason why a mod should need to be on the FAC anyway its just a load of crap.

But how else would the RFD make £100 off a £250 moderator, then the bill get’s £26 for the variation OH and the proof house gets its £25 if you are daft enough to send it to them. The good old Joe just getting screwed again. The thing is you can make a 22RF silencer out of a plastic pop bottle.

ATB

Tahr