Sad news about Glen Campbell

patrickt

Very sad news about Glen Campbell the country singer. He passed away yesterday following his disclosure of Alzhiemers over 6 years ago.

I was brought up on country music by my parents, and Glen sang many of their favourites, so now when I hear his music it reminds me of my childhood, and of course my late parents.

Over the years I have attended his concerts, as well as enjoying his type of music. After some persuading by my wife we attended his last gig at the Newcastle City Hall, and yes he did stumble on some of the lyrics, but as he once quoted "Friends, if you do it perfect first time ....they expect the same every time"

RIP Glen Campbell

Watched him live in Windsor early 80s good night out, greatest hits still in the truck. RIP

Been loads of compramisin'
on the way to my horizon.

great way to live your life. RIP Glen

Sad news indeed when a talent such as him is lost. His music will live on forever though. RIP Glen.

On a slightly lighter note, it would appear that East Anglia has also lost an icon? :rolleyes:

Not sure if this is just sick or plain funny? It did make me laugh though, so my thoughts are funny. Especially the sister comment!
http://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/glen-spuckler/
MS
Not just a talented singer:

Last edited:
He was quite talented, both as singer/songwriter and actor (with John Wayne in True Grit).
i was fortunate to have met him in person in the 70s when I was a child. Somewhere, in crappy black and white, I think I still have a phoot. My mother and father were much more impressed by his friendliness than I and my brothers (aged 7, 4 and 2).

I emigrated to Canada in 1971 thinking of the Wichita lineman as where I would want to go. Yes it brings back old memories.

Many people don't realize what a phenomenal guitar player he was. Just go look at videos of his instrumental playing. He broke into music in Nashville as a studio musician for Elvis, The Righteous Brothers, etc. So did Roy Clarke, Dwayne Allman, Vince Gill and others who followed Campbell.

Many people don't realize what a phenomenal guitar player he was. Just go look at videos of his instrumental playing. He broke into music in Nashville as a studio musician for Elvis, The Righteous Brothers, etc. So did Roy Clarke, Dwayne Allman, Vince Gill and others who followed Campbell.
Plus his short spell in the beech boys taken over from the great Brian Wilson.

Back