BASC and CA unite against Packham

Surely now that so many of these companies are showing Packham to be such a liar and the BASC and CA are standing against Packham also showing him to be nothing more than a bare faced liar now is the time to get a petition in to the BBC telling them that it really would be in their best interest to sever all ties with this stupid self opinionated lying moron.

Let's face it, he's a pretty carp presenter anyway!

I see that Mr Packham is now claiming that all firearms owners are psychopaths.

As I responded to this on a link quite recently, we as legitimate firearms owners are some of the most law abiding and upright citizens in the UK. Therefore his comment is very defamatory and also outrageous. But then we are becoming used to his ridiculous claims and chest beating about saving the countryside.

The BBC claim that he is not employed by them, and yet they allow him to make such ridiculous statements.

Its about time he was taken down a peg or two and his contract withdrawn. People such as Jack Hargreaves would run circles around this idiot.

If he said this in front of witnesses then why not a slander action taken out by joint basc/ca. As being accused of this is really detrimental to firearms holders as a group.

the "Ethical Consumer" website states that they sent the questionnaire to 189 UK companies. At 17/08/2017 their website indicates that 175 have not replied.

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/portals/0/downloads/grouse shooting 2017 list of respondents v8.pdf

Those responses received are hardly ringing endorsements of Mr Packham's anti-shooting position, I would say most are holding replies from companies who wish to avoid being dragged into controversy and who are sitting firmly on the fence.

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/ethicalcampaigns/turnyourbackongrouse/evidence.aspx

The above suggest to me that Mr Packham does not have the support he would like to think he has.

sorry, i have been away with my fellow syco's and have just read this,

been rn with little to no internet so apologies in advance,

bob

Countryside Alliance’s Head of Shooting Liam Stokes writes:
The BBC Trust could not have been clearer in its 2016 report – Chris Packham’s campaigning activities should be subject to regular and formal assessments to avoid harming the BBC’s reputation for impartiality. Based on recent pronouncements those reviews clearly aren’t happening, and we at the Countryside Alliance are prepared to hold the BBC to account.
Of course, the only reason the BBC Trust made that recommendation was because they were forced into action by the Countryside Alliance. We had complained that Mr Packham had referred to game shooters as “the nasty brigade”, language unbecoming of any BBC presenter, let alone one who heads up the public broadcaster’s wildlife programming. In the context of his broader animal rights campaigning, it was clear to us and most other fair-minded people that Mr Packham was using his privileged position afforded to him by the BBC to attack our members.
The BBC Trust came to their bizarre ruling that Mr Packham was not bound by BBC impartiality rules because he is not a BBC employee, a swerve the Beeb seems to be using with increasing regularity as their handling of ‘on-screen talent’ comes under ever greater scrutiny. But they also clearly called on the BBC to regularly and formally assess Mr Packham’s campaigning activities if they wished to continue commissioning him to present flagship wildlife shows like Springwatch.
A Google search for Mr Packham shows that these reviews are not happening. He’s been all over the media, trading on his BBC profile to harangue businesses and local councils, campaigning against grouse shooting in particular. But most strikingly last weekend he led a diminutive protest against badger culling, foxhunting and grouse shooting. This protest would have received no media attention whatsoever were it not for the presence of a BBC presenter leading it, a BBC presenter taking to the streets to call those who disagree with him “psychopaths”.
That’s us he’s talking about. Our members, the people who love and manage our countryside, who are responsible for most of the real conservation that goes on in this country. And we aren’t going to stand for it. We wrote to the BBC and asked that Mr Packham’s activities undergo the formal review we were led to expect, and that he be asked not to lead this march. Maybe he was asked not to and he did it anyway? The Countryside Alliance will find out, and we will be taking action.
Liam Stokes
Head of Shooting
Follow Liam at @LNJStokes

Perhaps "back door" methods may be better used here. I'm definitely no expert, but some on here will be so, would it be possible for cable tv and satellite tv to block the BBC at source ? That is, could they, at your request, stop you receiving the channels? if so, then surely you wouldn't be legally bound to pay the licence fee?
There's enough cable and satellite viewers nowadays to really affect the BBC's budget, and that would certainly stir them into action.

Really good thing is that the BASC and CA are united in this. All country sports need to have a united voice. First it was fox hunting, now the target is Grouse ... what next.

These Anti's are bullies and no different to any other political bullies.

Perhaps "back door" methods may be better used here. I'm definitely no expert, but some on here will be so, would it be possible for cable tv and satellite tv to block the BBC at source ? That is, could they, at your request, stop you receiving the channels? if so, then surely you wouldn't be legally bound to pay the licence fee?
There's enough cable and satellite viewers nowadays to really affect the BBC's budget, and that would certainly stir them into action.

I think the 'back door method' might yield some success/results with CP who isnt married !?!

Really good thing is that the BASC and CA are united in this. All country sports need to have a united voice. First it was fox hunting, now the target is Grouse ... what next.

These Anti's are bullies and no different to any other political bullies.

ALL hunting of mammals with dogs in England and Wales is proscribed under the Hunting Act 2004, save for certain legally-exempt activities

Shooting feathered game is hunting by another name, using another means of take

The enemy's antipathy relates to who we are [as they perceive us] rather than what we do; hunting-haters are anti-people, not pro-animal

Back