Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BASC and CA unite against Packham

Now is the time for us to contact the remaining organisation and advise them that we will be boycotting their stores and encouraging others to do so until they also request their logos are removed.
    I know LUSH will not remove their support as they have been intimidated by the anti's

To be fair to LUSH, it is run/owned by antis and they're entirely entitled to their opinion - even if it is wrong. I'd rather reserve my disapproval for organisations that really don't care but allow themselves to be diverted by small and extremist vocal (or terrorist) groups.

It's not 'legal' shooting that Packham needs to be afraid/concerned about, it's 'illegal' shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    Yep that bird was his only pal. Then it died and made him bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    And just how many of us started our legitimate shooting careers after mucking about with air rifles and catapults as kids, shooting at all sorts of things we shouldn't? And didn't I read only recently a short biography of one of the BASC top brass who was a poaching scallywag in his youth, and was even arrested for it? Personally, I started out by shooting pheasants out of the holly bushes in our local churchyard, at night, with a borrowed four-ten and selling them to my school teachers!
    Much as I dislike Chris Packham, let's not be pots calling kettles black...

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    And just how many of us started our legitimate shooting careers after mucking about with air rifles and catapults as kids, shooting at all sorts of things we shouldn't? And didn't I read only recently a short biography of one of the BASC top brass who was a poaching scallywag in his youth, and was even arrested for it? Personally, I started out by shooting pheasants out of the holly bushes in our local churchyard, at night, with a borrowed four-ten and selling them to my school teachers!
    I am certainly no Chris Packham lover but I have to agree whole heartedly with this post. Let's remember that we were all youngsters once and all no doubt did a few things that make us far from saints!

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    as stated above its not how Packham got interested in nature, I started with a collection of birds eggs, at that time it was looked appon as the normal thing for a young lad to do, its what he is doing now that matters, he is distorting the facts to suit his own agenda and those of his supporters, to the extent that distortion is no longer enough he is Outright Lying, and should be called to book about it, especially by the BBC, as they are owned by the people ( nomatter what They think) they are charged with impartial reporting, and as such Packham has shown time and again he is incapable of being impartial, and he only cares about his OWN Agenda, and as such the BBC should let him go his own way and no longer give him the platform he needs and craves
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    I am certainly no Chris Packham lover but I have to agree whole heartedly with this post. Let's remember that we were all youngsters once and all no doubt did a few things that make us far from saints!
    While I'd agree with some of this, your metaphor seems to be the wrong way around. Many of us may be pots, but Artschool is quite right - Packham's the pot calling kettles black.
    He's entitled to his opinions but he's got very little justification for his activities.
    The 70s were a different time, but then the population of birds of prey was declining rapidly and everyone knew that taking chicks from a nest wasn't in the best interest of the bird. It's not the same kettle of fish as potshots at garden birds or occasional poaching - and it wasn't then either.