Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucks fever V's MOA.

Bucks fever V's MOA.

Tack drivers Pahhh.
    I like you love to see my rilfes go sub MOA and they do, but what use are clover leaf groups worth if your nerve is gone when a buck stands 30-140m's from you??
    This might seem a strange question but my run of luck lately has prompted this.
    Usually misses average for my clients less than 10% not bad to say 85% of shots are taken standing off sticks.
    During the rut its all gone wrong (for want of a better word).9 bucks missed and 7 killed clean, (thankfully none wounded) since 1st August.
    Now a roe takes some missing "clean" why none wounded??
    Guns checked and ok. Pilot error why so many misses??
    Not shooting through cover,open grasses and stubble.
    Should these boys be practicing more before coming or is it just the fever.
    Have any of you come accross such a run of misses.??
    Not trying to upset clients or cause embarresment just thought this might be interesting and a little different from the same old threads on here of late.
    All guns in new and zeroed condition.
    Tack drivers are great but give me a man who can hit a 4 inch circle under pressure anyday.
    regards john.
    Last edited by www.yorkshireroestalking.; 10-08-2010 at 18:40.

good question john does buck fever take over if so lots more practise needed but then again untill buck fever under control these people are always gunna struggle i personly think people should start out on mybe taking does rather than bucks but then with thhe same animal in the cross hairs minus antlers would the same thing happen is it the fact that its a buck or not now this is also a question we must ask ourselfs
    scotty

I have seen doe fever after a good stalk but its definetaly those antlers.

i honestly think people need to get out more and practice off sticks at targets in all weather so people are more confident with the gear they are using .its ok having the latest greatest kit but you do need to be able to use it in field conditions. its ok using tables and bags to get good grouping as a base line but shooting off sticks needs practice and add to that unfavourable conditions and addrenaline and the wobbles become even more,wayne

not alot you can do i guess if thats the case bud but im sure your having a great time at least its clean misses saving the buck for another client lol

yeah pleased about the clean misses but need some venision for the butchers LOL.

not the only 1 bud empty freezer here hhopefully that will change soon

I can't lie i've suffered with it when i firsted started out a bit but has since long gone but what i have always found off putting is when someone else is watching you then the pressures really on not to f@#k it up,perhaps you should pretend you've got to take a leak just before they take the shot.
    Neil.

but not eing funny if i was taking a client out id rather watch the shot knowing if the animal has been hit wounded or clean miss to be honest i cant imagine many guides would allow your run of the mill client a free unwatched shot or that may be just my opinion
    scotty

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2449 View Post
    but not eing funny if i was taking a client out id rather watch the shot knowing if the animal has been hit wounded or clean miss to be honest i cant imagine many guides would allow your run of the mill client a free unwatched shot or that may be just my opinion
    scotty
    Note the word pretend and the wink i wasn't for one minute suggesting John should just leave them to it.
    Neil.