Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting platform for landrover 90

Shooting platform for landrover 90

Thinking of cutting a shooting hatch into my 90 hard top. Anybody got any advice views or experience.
    Or would it be easier to get a cheap secondhand truck cab & just turn it into a pick up.
    Ta needsy

Quote Originally Posted by needsy View Post
    Thinking of cutting a shooting hatch into my 90 hard top. Anybody got any advice views or experience.
    Or would it be easier to get a cheap secondhand truck cab & just turn it into a pick up.
    Ta needsy
    done it to mine,with a sunroof and a roof rack then decked it out with ply,very good way to fox with and also good as a mobile bench for long range varmintingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1059.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	2178
    atb paul

Enough room for two prone, or standing with sticks.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hope you are not suggesting the taking of deer in England from a motor vechile!
    In regione caecorum rex est luscus

Quote Originally Posted by Hodadr View Post
    Hope you are not suggesting the taking of deer in England from a motor vechile!
    Why ?? theres nothing illegal about doing so

Mine has a little over cab light indicating the engine is off!, abit like the old Hino trucks.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    you ever tryed surfing on top of that mate?? could pitch tent on that great idea
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Enough room for two prone, or standing with sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    Why ?? theres nothing illegal about doing so
    Not technically if you comply with the Deer Act:

Subject to subsection (5) below, if any person—
    (a) discharges any firearm, or projects any missile, from any mechanically propelled vehicle at any deer, or
    (b) uses any mechanically propelled vehicle for the purpose of driving deer,
    he shall be guilty of an offence.
    (5) An act which, apart from this subsection, would constitute an offence under subsection (4) above shall not constitute such an offence if it is done—
    (a) by, or with the written authority of, the occupier of any enclosed land where deer are usually kept; and
    (b) in relation to any deer on that land.

So yes you can on enclosed land (another mine field) and with written authorisation from the land owner!
    In regione caecorum rex est luscus

I always understood it to be "from a moving vehicle".... stationary is ok

Take a look at this
    http://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/ind...rting-vehicles
    where it says 'choose a film' click monster rabbiting truck
    Last edited by Si; 12-08-2010 at 15:33.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Hodadr View Post
    Not technically if you comply with the Deer Act:

Subject to subsection (5) below, if any person—
    (a) discharges any firearm, or projects any missile, from any mechanically propelled vehicle at any deer, or
    (b) uses any mechanically propelled vehicle for the purpose of driving deer,
    he shall be guilty of an offence.
    (5) An act which, apart from this subsection, would constitute an offence under subsection (4) above shall not constitute such an offence if it is done—
    (a) by, or with the written authority of, the occupier of any enclosed land where deer are usually kept; and
    (b) in relation to any deer on that land.

So yes you can on enclosed land (another mine field) and with written authorisation from the land owner!
    mate check up on the updated version

Article 2 amends section 4(4) of the 1991 Act as regards the use of mechanically propelled vehicles when shooting at deer. The effect of the amendment is that it is no longer an offence to shoot at deer from a mechanically propelled vehicle, provided that the vehicle is stationary and its engine is not running.