Thread: Blaser R93. "Can it be 3 for the price of 1"?

Blaser R93. "Can it be 3 for the price of 1"?

OK, so I'm looking at picking up an R93, which I know are fairly love them or hate them.

I have a number of different calibres on my licence, .22, .243 and .308 etc, and shoot a variety of things- vermin, UK deer, driven boar some African antelope. Would it not make sense to buy a decent R93 in either 243 or 308 and then buy the barrels for the other 2?

My thinking is that I would then only require buying 1 bipod, 1 scope, 1 slip, 1 sling etc etc.

Surely if I can get over re-zeroing whenever I change the barrel over this is effectively an economical way of owning 3 rifles?

I can't believe its that simple?! So go on, what are the inevitable drawbacks/limitations...?

The draw backs are that you can pay more for a Blaser barrel than you would pay for a complete new rifle plus you will probably want a scope for each barrel which means three sets of Blaser mounts. The mounts are really great and always return to zero but they are expensive.

On the up side the Blaser is very practical to travel with etc. and they seem to be somewhat more reliable and accurate than average.

I think it isn't until you own the Blaser for a while and travel with it that you discover how handy it is and I would say that "useability" is the main plus for the Blaser system.

Hi Rothers,

One potential problem is that if the rifle or scope develop a fault you are completely out of action for all your shooting. If you have at least one of the other calibres as a separate rifle you will still be able to do some shooting whilst other is being fixed.

Regards,

Gunner

"decent R93" - perfect example of a Tautology!

do it buy one (i did) and then be prepared to buy more (we all did!)

Hi there, i have a friend the has one and he has missed so many oppertunities with that noisy bolt action and the price he paid for it i could of had a new blue printed rem 700 action with barrel for the same money!

cheers buckie

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    "decent R93" - perfect example of a Tautology!

do it buy one (i did) and then be prepared to buy more (we all did!)
    I just had to google tautology...! You learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by rothers View Post
    I just had to google tautology...! You learn something new every day!
    Me too. Every day's a school day.
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"