Vacancy: Deer Manager Wanted

DamaDama.243

Just seen this:

Deer Management opportunity - Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust

Reply directly with the trust, details below.

This opportunity has come via the Deer Initiative, please use the email below to respond.

Deer Management Opportunity near Oakham, Rutland
The Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust are looking to take on a deer manager to undertake population management to meet woodland management objectives for biodiversity. The area consists of three woodlands in close proximity and totals approximately 35 ha of mixed broadleaf plantation and ASNW coppice with standards. Species present muntjac andfallow.
The owner will require DSC level 1 and level 2 or equivalent and suitable experience. The main aim is to reduce impacts to coppice regeneration and then maintain numbers at a level whereby woodland management work can be undertaken without unacceptable impacts occurring to either planted trees, regeneration or floral interests.
It is desired that the successful applicant will live within 25 miles of the woodland although applications will be assessed from outside this area.

Please send your details to paultrevor@rutlandwater.org.uk to receive an application pack.

Perhaps not a good idea putting the man's details on an open forum?..... I understand these details were sent to basc members and not intended for public viewing?.....
I'm not interested in the position before anyone starts...... too far away anyway...... just think it's a bad idea posting this that's all. It may backfire for future contracts if people who are against it get wind and start hassling the trust staff.

Perhaps not a good idea putting the man's details on an open forum?..... I understand these details were sent to basc members and not intended for public viewing?.....
I'm not interested in the position before anyone starts...... too far away anyway...... just think it's a bad idea posting this that's all. It may backfire for future contracts if people who are against it get wind and start hassling the trust staff.

This was posted by BDS on Facebook.

Good luck to the successful applicant. I suspect that it will be challenging at times but also very rewarding.

Just seen this:

Deer Management opportunity - Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust

Reply directly with the trust, details below.

This opportunity has come via the Deer Initiative, please use the email below to respond.

Deer Management Opportunity near Oakham, Rutland
The Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust are looking to take on a deer manager to undertake population management to meet woodland management objectives for biodiversity. The area consists of three woodlands in close proximity and totals approximately 35 ha of mixed broadleaf plantation and ASNW coppice with standards. Species present muntjac andfallow.
The owner will require DSC level 1 and level 2 or equivalent and suitable experience. The main aim is to reduce impacts to coppice regeneration and then maintain numbers at a level whereby woodland management work can be undertaken without unacceptable impacts occurring to either planted trees, regeneration or floral interests.
It is desired that the successful applicant will live within 25 miles of the woodland although applications will be assessed from outside this area.

Please send your details to paultrevor@rutlandwater.org.uk to receive an application pack.

Just received and read through application pack and decided it's not for me First Aid at Work required can't afford to spend money for the 3 day course on the off chance of being successful with my application

Good luck to the successful applicant

Paul

Looked at it BUT is a small area and going to be very interesting due to public access and topography not an area I would be comfortable shooting deer on foot.
Plus I got the impression its DI :stir:

Apologies if that is the case, I haven't seen the pack - just surprised they have asked for over and above what FC, NTS etc ask for (i.e. one day)

Pretty sure there not the same course (althou not sure which 1 is required)

The 1 above is a Emergancy FAW plus F and 1 day.
While u can still get a more detailed 3 day FAW course, which will be decent money and 3 days off work.

Just received and read through application pack and decided it's not for me First Aid at Work required can't afford to spend money for the 3 day course on the off chance of being successful with my application

Good luck to the successful applicant

Paul
don't worry not an awful lot of deer to manage anyway just people !

Back