That New Swaro scope...Does it Exist?

auldjake

Hi, just wondering if the new Swaro DS scope Exists, only seen the promo video but nothing else. Has anyone seen through one? Never seen a live review of an actual scope, Nothing on line. I thought the press would be testing it to KM ranges......But Nothing.....anyone know any better?
Cheers

If this is the just press button and it dials in range and new point of impact yes. Saw at gamefair. Gunrunner if you know him will be happy to sell you onS

Yup it is flipin expensive but then so are all the other top end makes now.
I had a look at it and the show and was really impressed. But I won't be changing my scope. Not worth it for the distances I shoot.

Agree. Just know your bullet trajectory. I have a zeiss v8 and all you need it to 450 yards paired with rf binos. Can't think of anywhere in world you can't get Into quarry that distance. And when all said and done the if you can't read wind you're dead. Not quarry. And even that Swarovski isn't measuring speed direction etc halfway across valley in Azerbaijan
S

Slightly off thread, but I have been watching a few YouTube videos, the shooting show?, it seems that everything involves the use of a Blaser R8. I wonder how people managed before its introduction? Sadly, I think the DS will suffer a similar fate.

As much use as a chocolate teapot if shooting inside 250 yds. For the few in the UK who shoot over longer distances than that it saves them dealing their turrets in. £1000 is a lot to pay for that privilege. It still doesn't compensate for wind which is a major factor over longer ranges. You're still going to need your ballistic tables or a good memory for wind over extreme distance.

Interesting on the video, the range showed 169 meters. The correction shown on the reticule was enormous. I'm zero'd at 175 meters on the hill. I wonder if he was shooting 300 Blackout :D

Clever, but I'm not going to be queuing up to hand over my £3200 when they come to market.

Slightly off thread, but I have been watching a few YouTube videos, the shooting show?, it seems that everything involves the use of a Blaser R8. I wonder how people managed before its introduction? Sadly, I think the DS will suffer a similar fate.

Most of what I have seen on the Shooting Show is a £475 Browning A Bolt

Hi, just wondering if the new Swaro DS scope Exists, only seen the promo video but nothing else. Has anyone seen through one? Never seen a live review of an actual scope, Nothing on line. I thought the press would be testing it to KM ranges......But Nothing.....anyone know any better?
Cheers

The are being sold on order from Bushwear in Scotland. Bushwear told me the entire uk got allocated only 50 dS scopes so there will be a 14 month waiting time
on scopes that were not pre ordered.

Glendine.

Classy new toys are always tempting, but as almost none of my stalking is spent at long range on the hill then logic says that I really can't justify twice the weight of my z6i (1090 gr vs 560 gr) and a lower light transmission (83% vs 90%) to get the extra bells & whistles.

That said - like almost everyone else here - I haven't had my hands on one yet, so ...

Completely agreed with NigelM.

At practical stalking distances I dont see the value - Maximum point blank range will do the job and if you really need it, get a ballistic turret Z6i for half the price. Set that up at 100m, 200m and 300m and you're set.

And if you're a target shooter you have plenty of time to adjust your sights for known ranges anyway.

Also with all the electric gubbins in there the light transmission isnt as good as the Z4 or the Z6. Bit of a gimmick really, and doesnt take wind into consideration either as others have said.

I think Swaro have limited themselves a bit by killing off the Z4 line TBH... They actually have slightly better light transmission than the Z6 range and were "entry level" prices (for top end makes) at just over a grand a pop.

Now you've got the Z6 (starting at the thick end of two grand), the Z8 (£2.5k) and the X5 which is a target scope... Its hard to justify a Swaro scope when you can get S&B, Zeiss or Leica for £500 less!

Its hard to justify a Swaro scope when you can get S&B, Zeiss or Leica for £500 less!

Swarovski customer service is second to none when it comes down to it. Worth a few extra quid in my opinion for quality and after sales service should something go wrong.

I certainly won't be swapping my Z6i for the DS though.

Its hard to justify a Swaro scope when you can get S&B, Zeiss or Leica for £500 less!

Swarovski customer service is second to none when it comes down to it. Worth a few extra quid in my opinion for quality and after sales service should something go wrong.

I certainly won't be swapping my Z6i for the DS though.

+1

I think Swaro have limited themselves a bit by killing off the Z4 line TBH... They actually have slightly better light transmission than the Z6 range and were "entry level" prices (for top end makes) at just over a grand a pop.

Agree with that.

I have a Z4i 3-12x50 atop my Helix when it wears the .308 barrel, and it's a cracking scope that I bought for a very good price just as they went out of production. The 4A-300-I reticle has the ranging marks for up to 300m built-in and can be used in conjunction with the Swaro Ballistic App. If you can find a new one sitting on a dealer's shelf gathering dust it should be a sub-grand purchase.

I recently put a S&B klassic 8x56 on a rifle. It is a great scope and comparable to Swarovski Habichts etc. It seems to me perfectly adequate for most things.

I think the DS falls into the category of the latest must have.

I wonder how many people have traded up from Habichts to Z6 or 8s and later wondered why. The only advantage I can see is the ir.

But the question is, Does it exist?......why NO reviews, Nothing on line other than Swarovski's media release, No media release from Swarovski since!! Big question..

None of the shops who were supposed to get them on the release date got any - other than someone far away got them, No reports back on how good/bad they are for the vast price tag. The ones on show did they work ( the last bit was real paranoia kicking in).

It just seems very strange considering the expensive release hype,

Back