Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone made?

Has anyone made?

Now I know we have some very practical guys on the forum so I thought I would ask. I need a rest for foxing that will fit on the passenger window allowing me to have some reach. It needs to be useable on a variety of vehicles. I have tried using the old split pipe lagging over the window but as one of the vehicles is a Suzuki Jeep it does not give a very good shooting position as I am very cramped. I know that you can buy these purpose made but why buy if you can make at a reasonable cost and I am sure someone must have done it on here.

Cheers,
    John.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by vizslamad View Post
    Now I know we have some very practical guys on the forum so I thought I would ask. I need a rest for foxing that will fit on the passenger window allowing me to have some reach. It needs to be useable on a variety of vehicles. I have tried using the old split pipe lagging over the window but as one of the vehicles is a Suzuki Jeep it does not give a very good shooting position as I am very cramped. I know that you can buy these purpose made but why buy if you can make at a reasonable cost and I am sure someone must have done it on here.

Cheers,
    John.
    I have't made one personally cos i shoot out the sunroof, a friend has made one though out of a couple of them suckers glasiers use, works really well.
    One of these should be easy to adapt, you buy the bar with suckers seperate from the lamp:
    http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/produc...productID=1091
    Last edited by Les Brooks; 12-08-2010 at 09:41.

Quote Originally Posted by vizslamad View Post

Cheers,
    John.
    Arthur Carter sell one for 60 that works with suction cups. Have lamped with a mate who has one and they are good. Have a look at this link. You could probably get something similar made for half the cost but it ain't too expensive anyway.

Arthur Carter Ltd - Vehicle Rifle Rest
    Last edited by Rowey; 12-08-2010 at 09:42.

thats easy enough to make.i could make you one for less than that if you want one,wayne

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowey View Post
    Arthur Carter sell one for 60 that works with suction cups. Have lamped with a mate who has one and they are good. Have a look at this link. You could probably get something similar made for half the cost but it ain't too expensive anyway.

Arthur Carter Ltd - Vehicle Rifle Rest
    That's identical to the one my mate made. good bit of kit

I made one a while ago using a some alu tubing and one of those suckers.......very easy to make.

Wayne

Is that a genuine thought?

Would it have the facility to pivot in and out (closer and further away from the door)

Id have a think abut one for 30 if you can do it

Dan

hi yes it was genuine i have done abit more research i cannot see why i cant build it it would be able to pivot i have sourced the pads i would have to build it first and test it for safety but would look the same as the link exept the only thing i dont like is having to move the sticky pads to re adjust the height i could make the rail adjustable

Wayne,
    If you can do it I will be interested, Let us know how you get on.
    John.

ok mate i will order a pad and get it done this week ,wayne