Has anyone made?

vizslamad

Now I know we have some very practical guys on the forum so I thought I would ask. I need a rest for foxing that will fit on the passenger window allowing me to have some reach. It needs to be useable on a variety of vehicles. I have tried using the old split pipe lagging over the window but as one of the vehicles is a Suzuki Jeep it does not give a very good shooting position as I am very cramped. I know that you can buy these purpose made but why buy if you can make at a reasonable cost and I am sure someone must have done it on here.

Cheers,
John.

Now I know we have some very practical guys on the forum so I thought I would ask. I need a rest for foxing that will fit on the passenger window allowing me to have some reach. It needs to be useable on a variety of vehicles. I have tried using the old split pipe lagging over the window but as one of the vehicles is a Suzuki Jeep it does not give a very good shooting position as I am very cramped. I know that you can buy these purpose made but why buy if you can make at a reasonable cost and I am sure someone must have done it on here.

Cheers,
John.
I have't made one personally cos i shoot out the sunroof, a friend has made one though out of a couple of them suckers glasiers use, works really well.
One of these should be easy to adapt, you buy the bar with suckers seperate from the lamp:
http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products_detail.asp?productID=1091

Last edited:

Cheers,
John.
Arthur Carter sell one for £60 that works with suction cups. Have lamped with a mate who has one and they are good. Have a look at this link. You could probably get something similar made for half the cost but it ain't too expensive anyway.

Arthur Carter Ltd - Vehicle Rifle Rest

Last edited:
Wayne

Is that a genuine thought?

Would it have the facility to pivot in and out (closer and further away from the door)

Id have a think abut one for £30 if you can do it

Dan

hi yes it was genuine i have done abit more research i cannot see why i cant build it it would be able to pivot i have sourced the pads i would have to build it first and test it for safety but would look the same as the link exept the only thing i dont like is having to move the sticky pads to re adjust the height i could make the rail adjustable

no worries ,i ordered the suckers i have cut the uprights just out of interest what size is a landrover or rangerover window opening so i can make the rail i will have the swept front part sliding but need a general size for the main rifle rest,wayne

Last edited:
Wayne

At the right price I would be interested in one. Are they ambidextrous so I can use it if I'm on me todd?

hi yes they will be ambidextrous i should have one made by the end of the week as i am working away mon,tue ,wayne

Check this out -

AirgunBBS.com

Very clever use of the headrest fixings for stability. Also the reach from shooter to gunrest can be adjusted to suit shooter / vehicle so less dependent on distance to window?

Don't forget to put passenger window down when shooting. It has been done.........

Check this out -

AirgunBBS.com

Very clever use of the headrest fixings for stability. Also the reach from shooter to gunrest can be adjusted to suit shooter / vehicle so less dependent on distance to window?

Don't forget to put passenger window down when shooting. It has been done.........

That link just sends me to a sign in/registration page.......?????

Does anyone have a link to the actual thread? Cheers.

That link just sends me to a sign in/registration page.......?????

Does anyone have a link to the actual thread? Cheers.

Same here, but I have an aditional problem, I can't sign is as I'm banned :oops:
Anybody who can save the thread as a web archive and e-mail or PM it to me please.
I have been using a couple of sandbags as a support, which are ok, but as I shoot alone I'm limited to shooting pretty much straight ahead from the driver window only.

Neil. :)

Back