Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling.......

Thinking of selling.......

.........my Docter 3-12 x 56 with illimuminated Reticle. Just wondered how much I could expect to get for it and if it would be worth selling as I never use it. Or should just hang on to it until I can afford another rifle. (may be some time)

Its 2 and 1\2 years old lightly used and is (I think) covered by a 30 year warranty.

Thanks

Stephen
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Im assuming it is a Classic and not a Unipoint...

Alex

Yes, I think you are right.
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

They are 850 new from Uttings so that may give you an idea of if you wanted to buy another scope similar in the future how much it may cost you and what you may have paid 2.5 years ago...

Alex

I would guess around 600 S/H. The downside is that if you sell it now, then need it next year or whatever, you will struggle to buy anything as good for that sort of money.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

A scope such as that will always be worth more to you than selling it 2nd hand. Thats why 2nd hand optics are such good buys. A 3 to 12 is good versitile scope and realistically if you are looking to get another calibre rifle at somepoint in the future you are just lloking at the cost of the rifle, where as if you sell the scope now, you will then have to buy both rifle and scope.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    You would expect to get 60% of the new cost.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I'd hang onto it. I stupidly sold a Zeiss scope, got approx 70% of it's value and then a rifle came up that was an absolute steal - i could have had a decent rifle for only 300 but then would have to go out and replace the scope i just sold for it.

Don't sell it unless you have to, put it on a shelf and forget about it.
    The way things are going up by the time you need another you may be paying a good bit more!!
    Shame you had to sell you L200 looked well when I saw it, that year has shot past.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave 67 View Post
    Don't sell it unless you have to, put it on a shelf and forget about it.
    The way things are going up by the time you need another you may be paying a good bit more!!
    Shame you had to sell you L200 looked well when I saw it, that year has shot past.

Dave
    Looks like I'll hang onto the Docter for a while yet then. Thats how I kind of felt myself to be honest - just seemed a shame to have it sitting there doing nothing.

Too true, been a very quick year. have you made a start on your level two yet? Have you been back to Garyloop? I was out with CHris on Monday but got nowt but soaked
    Cheers

Stephen