Wanted: South Oxfordshire

CraigBenson

Hi
I'm looking at getting in to stalking after being posted to the area and wondered what low cost opertunities there were in the wallingford area.

I take it your at RAF Benson Craig? Cant help with stalking Im afraid but if your bored and ever fancy a beer let me know :) Im only 10 miles away

I have got pest land near by now and I have the owners permission to take the odd Munty, Woo Hoo. Just have to get the deer rifle sorted out now. I have the promise of a 308 from the wife's uncle in Poland. Not sure how to get it back over here though.

Dakaras, I brew my own beer, but happy to share.

The FEO is going to check the land to see if it's ok for a deer rifle. I'm not expecting it to be cleared.

I want to shoot deer and not to pay through the nose for it, is that a lot to ask? :(:rolleyes:

you should do some beating, you might get something. i can see benson from some of my permission but cant take anyone on to it sorry. there are lots of shoots about so you will be lucky to get something for nothing but if you beat or pick up you may be introduced to the "circle of trust" fokker stylee.

good luck

The FEO is going to check the land to see if it's ok for a deer rifle. I'm not expecting it to be cleared.

I want to shoot deer and not to pay through the nose for it, is that a lot to ask? :(:rolleyes:

Try and get him to do walk round with you....Im having the same hassle at the moment over land that had been checked previously by a different FEO. Mine FEO told me if I had walked him round it and shown him where I would or wouldnt take shots it would have likely been cleared :(

I have him coming out on Friday (if he turns up this time, or on time). I'm going to walk him about and talk about the land and possibly a .308 as I have the offer of a free one.

I was going to mention that as an option. A couple of them might make bunny snotting a little simpler too. I might ask the farmer to leave the bales stacked so I can get to the top.

Back