Changing one calibre for another on FAC - slots, not rifles...

SteveFisher

Hi, this is almost certainly a dumb question, but if I want to change a calibre I have on my FAC to a different calibre, is that a free variation? I have no firearm in that calibre at present, so I won't be disposing of a rifle. I've looked at the form 201 and that doesn't really cover this; it's all about variations of the actual firearms, not the FAC slots.

This must happen frequently I guess but I can't find a clear answer.

I think you'll have to pay for that. A free 141 only applies if you want to swap rifles of the same calibre, as I understand it.

A slot is a slot, an unused slot can be changed as a one for one FOC, I've changed un filled slots for moderators with rifles in the past FOC. With GMP,

KJF

Post #26 on this thread that you contributed to. ;)

No charge 1-4-1 variation.

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/140024-How-do-you-do-a-1-for-1/page3

Thanks, but as I said, the form this suggests using, 202, (or 201V as it seems to be now), doesn't seem to cover this eventuality. Where, for example, would I put the calibre I'm dropping? In the section 12? But that's all about disposing of actual firearms. "12. If you wish to report the disposal of any firearms currently shown on your firearm certificate please give details below"

Thanks, but as I said, the form this suggests using, 202, (or 201V as it seems to be now), doesn't seem to cover this eventuality. Where, for example, would I put the calibre I'm dropping? In the section 12? But that's all about disposing of actual firearms. "12. If you wish to report the disposal of any firearms currently shown on your firearm certificate please give details below"

Steve just call your FLO( it ain't rocket lol)explain it to them and they will proberbly just tell you to send the variation form in ,with a side note explaining about changing the unfilled slot to .calibre you require

simples

KJF

Steve,

Give you local Police Firearms dept a ring, I did and they were most helpful plus you get first hand the information which will ensure your change of calibre is successful.

ATB 243 Stalker

Steve,

Give you local Police Firearms dept a ring, I did and they were most helpful plus you get first hand the information which will ensure your change of calibre is successful.

ATB 243 Stalker

IIIIIIIIN ONE, and bullies special prize lol

goes to the man above

kjf

Steve just call your FLO( it ain't rocket lol)explain it to them and they will proberbly just tell you to send the variation form in ,with a side note explaining about changing the unfilled slot to .calibre you require

simples

KJF

Yeah I guess I will - I was just hoping I could not look like an idiot!

Use the Form 201V continuation sheet to provide details of the slot you want dropped/changed.

My advice is have the slot open for one calibre. But if and when you find a rifle that you really like and if it happens to be in another similar calibre then put in a variation to acquire that particular rifle.

Your not an idiot mate,Thats what the Firearms team is there for.They are not Ogers

Good luck

KJF

If you deal with some at the office in windsford you may find one or two don't have a clue what there talking about. Rang up just a couple of days ago to get 'errrrr, I don't know' and no help trying to resolve it... to the OP, just give them a bell they will help you. It's better to ask questions that not say anything at all:):)

So I finally got around to filling in the form, sent it recorded last Thursday, got a call from Winsford yesterday to clarify how I wanted the moderator described, (as I want to use it on a .308 and a 7.62), and found the new FAC waiting for me on my doormat this evening. Not bad! Cheshire Constabulary, well done.

Back