Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badger

Badger

Here you go Gents. took an hour out to do some varminting. nipped over the other side of the village, stalked into a highseat, had my instructions to thin out the varmints, I was up the same seat the other night and a badger arrived walking backwards dragging a young hare or a rabbit (couldn't see which in the grass) held by its front paws and mouth along with it. Then another did exactly the same but dragged its bounty back into the maize corn. The first one re-appeared followed by another. I must have been sat almost on top of the set. Didn't get a shot of though as they would have noticed me moving the rifle to point down wards. and was wishing I had my pistol with me, the little buggers where only 6 or 7 feet below. Went back again on monday this one turned up right under my highseat, I had the rifle pointing downwards ready for him and kneck shot it at 7 feet from above. Some folk make ham from the haunches here, don't fancy it my self. ( I look a bit pissed in the pic mind, hadn't had a drop though)
    rgds Pete

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIC_0417-1.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	334.0 KB 
ID:	2208Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIC_0410-2.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	2209
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PIC_0410-1.jpg  

Job well done, i started reading this post and the first thing i did was look to the left to see where you were from! sehr gut! Wish we could get back to shooting them over here far to many around down my parts.

Good job, should be controlled like that over here. What gun is that?

Leon

open season here from 1st Aug till end December.

rifle is a semi custom based on a Howa 1500. in .260rem

my mate was out the other night, got 1 roebuck, 2 boar, 1 racoon, 1 badger all in the space of 2 hours. the animals where wandering the fields as if the corn was still there, it had been cut that day. He was chuffed to bits.

rgds Pete

Got loads over here. On one property there are 2 sets which have a total of 10 - 15 badgers!!!! That looks quite a small/young one.

We have to shoot our foxes in amongst the stripeys over here! buggers are untouchable unless you see em crossing in front of the truck.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Something as to be done about them, see more badger's than foxes will out lamping and farmer's are going nut's.

Foxes get the blame for a lot of their doings at lambing time in this neck of the woods, they far outnumber foxes up here....

Nell

yep, i was talking to a mate from the FC last night, he was telling me of the damage the badgers do ton the wild bee population, the hedghog population etc.
    time the badger huggers opened thier eyes eh,

Pete

you may have seen this before, but I thought it might give a chuckle!BadgerBadgerBadger
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!