Multiple Rifles same calibre

d0nni

I'm wondering if anyone has placed multiple same calibre CF rifles on their ticket?

What was their reasoning for the two of the same calibre?

Was their any issue if both were for same reason? Say if one was moderated or not or if one was for dedicated night vision or if one was a heavier rifle which suited a longer ranged shot etc

Just curious, I've some naughty fox which I struggle to get in the mornings, are very light shy and I don't want to get a nitesite (looks awkward to shoot with) but was thinking a Yukon, but also want to keep scope on my day to day rifle.

Was thinking of getting same calibre (just like how it shoots and would save money on buying different rounds)

Just curious what your FEOs have required from you for such things and if anyone has managed it

You have covered your "reasoning" in your OP. Both rifles for foxing, however one is a dedicated NV setup. I have done exactly the same with both of my Hornets and both .222s. Also argued that if one rifle developed any problem or was being serviced/repaired I could still crack on. No problems from my Licensing Dept at all.

A rifle fitted with night vision equipment and used solely for that purpose would evidence the need for two rifles of the same calibre.

.308 for Deer and target sporter weight
.308 for target and deer heavy barrelled
as long as you can explain your good reason there shouldn't be any problem

If you can afford it then get a second rifle as you suggest and good reason is covered. Cheaper option is a picatinny rail and two sets of quick release scope rings and use the same rifle. This is what I've done.

you have covered your "reasoning" in your op. Both rifles for foxing, however one is a dedicated nv setup. I have done exactly the same with both of my hornets and both .222s. Also argued that if one rifle developed any problem or was being serviced/repaired i could still crack on. No problems from my licensing dept at all.

+1 :-d

Cheers lads. Just wasn't sure what the story was with it. PSNI can be quite awkward when it comes to the reasoning etc.

I have two 22lr on my ticket.
The second one is my daughter's. It is on her ticket too. The reason for it being on my ticket is so I can transport it, store it etc, but I can also use it if I need to.

I asked my FEO the very same question today.. I asked for a second one as a dedicated night vision setup. Not having time to rezero a scope if I change it on the day.

He said it should be ok.. cant see a problem..

My FEO was the same when I put in for my .204 he said you have 3 rifles you can shoot foxes with why do you want another I said dedicated night vision and he agreed it there and then

I asked my FEO the very same question today.. I asked for a second one as a dedicated night vision setup. Not having time to rezero a scope if I change it on the day.

He said it should be ok.. cant see a problem..

I run two .204s one dedicated nv work the other day, lancs won't have a problem with it.;)

I've had, in the past, two x. 303 for target AND deer and two x. 270 for deer. The benefit to coax a reluctant FEO with is only one calibre's "worth" of ammunition allowance required.

Back