Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting cabins

Hunting cabins

Do UK stalkers use hunting cabins much. Im talking about a wooden shack with a woodburner and bunk. I know the yanks use them a lot but i cant find anywhere this side of the pond where you can get access to them. Do you have to be lucky enough to have the land and then own a cabin outright or can they be rented over here?
    Iv always wanted some sort of retreat right in the wild without any of the interferances of the 21st century, surley you dont have to be loaded or extremely well connected to attain that?
    How would someone go about acheiving this in the UK?

Dan

Some of us are allowed to site an old caravan, but you have to be lucky as not all landowners / forestry agencies will allow this.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Some of us are allowed to site an old caravan, but you have to be lucky as not all landowners / forestry agencies will allow this.
    Recessive Pikey gene coming out Steve?

Makes a change to see them getting robbed doesn't it!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

There is a bloke on here goes by Munty I think, runs a syndicate in Hertfordshire. He has a fantastic hunting lodge. Converted farm building I think. Kitchen, bar, eating area, sofa's, sodding great wood burner, shower block and bunk block. It is a magic place for a lads weekend.

I could happily live there. Only drawback is the psychotic GWP....

Paul, did you ever fix that bloody trip switch??

There is a spot on a hillside in north Co Antrim looking out towards Scotland. I would give my left testicle to have a cabin there. Never going to happen with the planners.
    Last edited by Claret_Dabbler; 13-08-2010 at 16:53.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    There is a bloke on here goes by Munty I think, runs a syndicate in Hertfordshire. He has a fantastic hunting lodge. Converted farm building I think. Kitchen, bar, eating area, sofa's, sodding great wood burner, shower block and bunk block. It is a magic place for a lads weekend.

I could happily live there. Only drawback is the psychotic GWP....

Paul, did you ever fix that bloody trip switch??

There is a spot on a hillside in north Co Antrim looking out towards Scotland. I would give my left testicle to have a cabin there. Never going to happen with the planners.

I hope to have a forest with log cabin in place before early retirement

It's not something that's overly done here, in fact quite rare, it should be though.

I stalk with a pal of mine in Perthshire who has an old abandoned keepers house/bothy in the middle of the forest, it ain't fancy but we have a fire, old gas cooker, couple of dodgy sofas and some bunks, it's ideal, I try and escape there once a year, just take the rifle and dogs.

a couple of bottles of Macallan also a must

If more cabins were in place , I'm sure the divorce rate would slow down

Funnily enough, there are the ruins of an old cottage/bothy on this particular hill. There have been some changes in planning regs here which means it might just be possible to get planning. They would not allow a log cabin though, you would have to build in stone with a slate roof.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer View Post

a couple of bottles of Macallan also a must
    When do you want me there?
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

I do regard myself as lucky as thats exactly what I have done. Its a bit better than a room with a wood burner though but one of these it has too. . . Lots of lads from on here have stayed there to stalk. If I can help anyone with info on the cabin and how to get one please pm me. Id be glad to help.

David
    Last edited by David Brown; 14-08-2010 at 17:40. Reason: advertising without paying sorry