Thread: Inverness help!

Inverness help!

I have never been to Scotland!!...........

Early stages, but looking to take Mrs M away for a short break at end of the year / start of next, so we have decided to head North (and I would like to try the stalking at the same time)!

Due to her work commitments we don't have a great deal of time, perhaps 3-4 days at most. We would be looking to fly up to Inverness from Bristol and then hire a car.

So looking for some suitable stalking and a place to stay. As far as the stalking goes nothing fancy, no specific species and probably cull animals only.

Any thoughts or recommendations welcome especially with regard to accommodation that has safe rifle storage etc.

ATB

T

1. Try Fairburn Estate 01997 433206 used to belong to the Stirling family of SAS fame ! It's not far from Inverness, the keeper used to be Keith Wilkinson. If they can't offer anything I'm sure they would point you in the correct direction.

Pete Swales is an agent based on the outskirts of Inverness.

I sometimes get guests from him. Good bloke to deal with.

http://kiltarlity.com/
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Alternative :- Try Applecross Estate. Head stalker - David - 01520 744 247 Spectacular deer forest with varied landscapes. Two stalkers. Early season a safer bet as later the weeks are usualy fully booked.

Holiday cottages on site - some attached to Applecross House - gun room available. Vehicle fuel on 24 hour card-operated machine.
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.

Theres a guy in Ardersier (a few miles outside of INV) who has lots of roe.. google cromalbank B&B, cant remeber the guys name but he does advertise on eBay. Some good stalking and its reasonably priced.

Ive been out with him, hes got a rifle for no extra cost and i think its 80 for a stalk now.. well worth it..
    Last edited by flyingfisherman; 14-08-2010 at 23:27.

Thank you everyone for your help!

ATB

T

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    I have never been to Scotland!!...........

Early stages, but looking to take Mrs M away for a short break at end of the year / start of next, so we have decided to head North (and I would like to try the stalking at the same time)!

Due to her work commitments we don't have a great deal of time, perhaps 3-4 days at most. We would be looking to fly up to Inverness from Bristol and then hire a car.

So looking for some suitable stalking and a place to stay. As far as the stalking goes nothing fancy, no specific species and probably cull animals only.

Any thoughts or recommendations welcome especially with regard to accommodation that has safe rifle storage etc.

ATB

T
    Try Derek aka ballindalloch

What are you after, is it red or roe, hill or forest.

There are quite a few places where hind stalking [hill] will be available at about 150-250 a day.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Try David Brown from this site, located at Glen Affric, Cannich, lovely wooden built self cattering chalet, wood burning stove, secluded, lovely ground, has Red, Sika and Roe.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

My pal is letting his newly refurbished property out in Sutherland:
    http://www.lovetoescape.com/rrps/hol...nds-50158.html