Thread: roebuck stalking advice please.

roebuck stalking advice please.

hi
    been offered

500 acres of ground
    permission to take 5 bucks per annum.
    the lessee can keep all shot
    is 750per annum too dear?

Rick. It all depends on your circumstances. If it's handy, I would take it for a year and see how it goes. One of my early ventures was a 500 lease where I shot one roe and a friend missed one roe. I didn't renew as other leases emerged. If it's not handy, you could pay for individual days and shoot more deer on more varied ground and have the benefit of meeting other stalkers. Rgds JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Rick. It all depends on your circumstances. If it's handy, I would take it for a year and see how it goes. One of my early ventures was a 500 lease where I shot one roe and a friend missed one roe. I didn't renew as other leases emerged. If it's not handy, you could pay for individual days and shoot more deer on more varied ground and have the benefit of meeting other stalkers. Rgds JCS
    Good advice.

its certainly very handy for me. will drive and have a walk about i think

hi thanks for your advice.
    as a matter of interest jcs, how often did you go out on that early venture you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ricksmaile View Post
    hi thanks for your advice.
    as a matter of interest jcs, how often did you go out on that early venture you mentioned.
    I probably went out 7 or 8 times. It was a case of phone the man in Manchester who had the lease and book the day that you wanted. There were roe on it, but it had a single access point and no matter how early you arrived, a dog walker would be there before you. Rgds JCS

Hi,

personally i would not pay that much for that bit of land with those restrictions.
    you would be better off taking paid days stalking....
    this is why stalking is so expensive because people are asking for 750 quid to shoot five deer..... and are getting it (shame)
    you will find that you could go out on at least 10 different days with good guides for that amount and get a better experience for it...

that's my opinion f.