Stalking Clothing

Girl_with_a_gun

I've just had a big rant to Bushwear and to Military 1st, both of whom have excellent ranges of kit that is perfect for stalking, but both of whom have a female section that basically says "stay home with the kids and look classy" but only if your husband has a very large wallet £!!

Anyone got any top tips of where to get ROBUST female kit (I have trashed a whole load of female specific trousers and currently wear Rovince blokes lightweight trousers (which are great) cos their girls ones are too hot) that has PROPER POCKETS (that you can hold more than a credit card and a lipstick) and ISN'T DESIGNED FOR THE ARCTIC (somehow there is a perception that girls get cold: obviously never had to leopard crawl couple of hundred metres!)?

Currently I wear military surplus (cheap and robust) or said blokes kit. However, a friend of mine recently got a rollocking for letting a 14 year old boy go out with a rifle on his own on their land... cos that's what I tend to look like wearing oversized bloke clobber:rolleyes: and I think it is time for a change. On a serious note, I stalk in some really public areas and I really don't want to look like a terrorist or a poacher, but I don't have a mega bank account for the Harkila etc stuff.

Any thoughts?

TVM. GWAG.

Same problem here. I can't find any suitable affordable outdoor clothing in size 6 petite. Getting fed up with wearing poorly fitting boys clothes.

Women's choice is crap in terms of actual practical stuff for reasonable money that works. I have had issues when looking at stuff for partners before.

Have a look at Decathlon stuff like Percussion and Solognac. No idea what size you are and if mens sizes will work for you but this is where I would start. Much of their stuff is a combo of cheap and hard wearing for the money.

Also try looking at Cabelas or American sites as they have a better choice of womens hunting kit that might either broaden your choice or give you some pointers. I am sure they will have lots of pointless purple funky looking tops that are obvs useless but they might have something to help.

Sounds like you are still getting out and doing what matters and I would quite like someone to think I was 14. That seems a while ago.

Good luck.

Not usually cheap, but there may be some bargains here: Sportsman Gun Centre - Guns More

sadly not in my size or choice of clothing.

what is wrong with ex-military clothing when stalking? It certainly doesnt make you appear 'like a terrorist' who generally wear urban clothing to blend in....

try Paramo or deerhunter, or jakti jakt clothing- reasonable prices, good kit.

Thanks 308tikka - not seen jakti jakt before, I'll have a look.

You may know that, but to the good Burgers of "Poshville", I look like a NI terrorist circa 1974 and they appear to have firearms on speed-dial: too many films?!

If they have police on speed dial do two things - let the Police know you are lawfully stalking and that constant phonecalls constitute harassment-ask what the police will do about it. There are plenty of precedents of police warning nuisance callers.

secondly, phone local police each time before you go out and let them know which area youll be in. If they then receive the nuisance phonecalls they can inform immediately and shut down the caller and also save money by not calling out firearms units or helicopter.

Ive been on land where the guide and myself had been accused of poaching by a couple who had recently moved home but were actually trespassing on the private land they were accusing us of poaching on. If youve lived most of your life in west london and have no idea what actually goes on in the countryside it can be quite a shock to have your belief systems forcefully overturned by the 'plebs'. I happened to be wearing full DPM at the time. If you want to wear tweed while stalking go ahead (I do but not for stalking), its a free country, but Id hope people dont wear tweed just to fit in with their neighbours preconceptions or to maintain the fiction that stalking is for 'us' but certainly not for 'them'....

Nothing wrong with tweed for everyday walk or stalk

Hogs of Fife .....cheap quality and I soak with Repel water proofer ....looks smart , and most importantly it's comfy ....

Decathlon solgnac stuff good for price but some fabrics bit noisy .

Paul

Fjällräven have women's size and cut clothes in their 'hunting' range, and also in their general line up - Vidda Pro trousers are often mentioned on here.

Not the cheapest by any means if RRP is anything to go by, but there are deals to be had if you look around the interweb, plus some of the Eastern European outlets on Ebay. I've never paid anything like full price for the jackets and trousers my wife and I have bought over the years, and it's excellent stuff.

https://www.fjallraven.co.uk/clothes/activity/hunting-clothes

Fjällräven have women's size and cut clothes in their 'hunting' range, and also in their general line up - Vidda Pro trousers are often mentioned on here.

Not the cheapest by any means if RRP is anything to go by, but there are deals to be had if you look around the interweb, plus some of the Eastern European outlets on Ebay. I've never paid anything like full price for the jackets and trousers my wife and I have bought over the years, and it's excellent stuff.

https://www.fjallraven.co.uk/clothes/activity/hunting-clothes

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There's also reasonably cheap and robust kit available from Decathlon worth a look, and a wide range of clothing sizes from Swedteam.

Of course, there's still the fall back position of Army surplus which many of use use regularly without complaint, providing that you can get something that fits properly.

Frankonia is an excellent outlet but definitely not cheap. I once spent several thousand euros in an afternoon in Frankonia Dusseldorf. Service is second to none however.

Hi ladies.
The sportsman guncentre had really expensive ladies clothes for sell recently and I mean expensive at really cheap prices.i never seen clothing so expensive.whats wrong in wearing mens clothes to go stalking in.alot of women like to wear the trousers.its not really a fashion thing
Certainly not for me.my clothes are nearly in shreds before I buy new :D.
Alternatively Anne Summers have so good stalking gear.you can even get a mask :cool:.
Sorry I couldn't resist it ;).

Last edited:
Back