BELLS WHISKY. £13 per Litre.

Aye.
Half a tumbler-full, 6 spoons of sugar and boiling water plus two painkillers before I go to bed.
Bloody Arthritis not helped by dragging hundreds of Reds and Sika off stoney mountains over a lifetime.
I remember well those `hot whiskys` we put away in those pubs around Wicklow.
Most people don`t know that the Irish measure is much larger than ours.

HWH.

Aye.
Half a tumbler-full, 6 spoons of sugar and boiling water plus two painkillers before I go to bed.
Bloody Arthritis not helped by dragging hundreds of Reds and Sika off stoney mountains over a lifetime.
I remember well those `hot whiskys` we put away in those pubs around Wicklow.
Most people don`t know that the Irish measure is much larger than ours.

HWH.

yes H ,but we would not trade a minute of it .

there after banning quads off a lot of the up lands hear , im happy about this .as we dont use them on the hill where i am .

ah...Bells whiskey, that reminds me, must check the anti-freeze in my vehicles!

I think that this is probably the first time I have ever questioned anything that H has put on here and I feel bad doing it but, bloody hell, Bells!

JC

Do people actually drink Bell's whisky? :eek: Surely not for pleasure? :eek: Ooooohhh, just medicinal ;) That's ok then :thumb:

ft

ah...Bells whiskey, that reminds me, must check the anti-freeze in my vehicles!

I think that this is probably the first time I have ever questioned anything that H has put on here and I feel bad doing it but, bloody hell, Bells!

JC

I would sooner drink virgins water than Bells , What you thinking of Hubert that stuff will effect your eyeseeeeet lad its akin to meths:D

Now if you could get some Lagavulin or Laphroigh at £13 a bottle thats a different matter:rofl:

Last edited:
Now if you could get some Lagavulin or Laphroigh at £13 a bottle thats a different matter:rofl:

You would be cheaper nipping out the hill with the rutting spade,cutting yourself a good sized bit of peat and proceed to chow on that for an evening than drink yon ****! Mon the Bells.

You would be cheaper nipping out the hill with the rutting spade,cutting yourself a good sized bit of peat and proceed to chow on that for an evening than drink yon ****! Mon the Bells.
:rofl: Its not made for quaffing thats for sure like that maiden waters that Huberts throwing down his gizzer:rofl:
I like to savour slowly my whisky

Bells........ its like Tibetan yack ****

Only an ignorant plonker would know what `Tibetan yack ****` tastes like, I have never tasted it so I do not have the value of your curious experience.

However, Bells seems to be a very sucessful company so presumably some people enjoy it.
With my evening concoction it matters little really which I use as it serves my purpose well.
Just finished one now and off to bed !

HWH.

Last edited:
hi,

the farmers like it, never said before they didnt and i got two for two farms.
nice to be nice to them for letting me shoot, seen my first geese so i will be making my rounds next week re acquainting myself with more.
the odd bottle here and there helps as they will phone me and say goose invasion has begun....
last year i seen a farm with close to 1500 geese on it.. approx as i didnt count them all.. stopped at 1200 :rofl:

f.

Aye.
I have had the same experience with our Lake District farmers and have thousands of acres of shooting free of charge.
I always used to turn up around Xmas with a bottle and ask them if it was OK to continue shooting in the New Year.
To ask and not to assume goes down well with most people.
At one large sheep farm the farmers wife always used to give ME a bottle as they hate the resident Carrion Crows.
One of their most prolific fields is down the farm lane and has a convenient wire fence at a height suitable for zapping the black sods out of my vehicle window.
The resident Buzzard seemed to associate a BANG with a late breakfast and usually appeared almost immediately.

HWH.

A previous `heads up` for Famous Grouse got similar negative posts.
I want a slurping whisky with my pills not a sipper !
HWH.
AssortedWhiskey001-1.jpg

A previous `heads up` for Famous Grouse got similar negative posts.
I want a slurping whisky with my pills not a sipper !
HWH.
AssortedWhiskey001-1.jpg

Well I am not coming round to yours then Hubert even your Speyside malt would not tempt me, which i have to admit may be the best out of the bunch of blends you have standing there, but only just me thinks:) and I always thought you was a man of great taste you wisen owd fart:D

I run my spirit stove on better grade stuff than what you have there;)

Last edited:
Morning Stuart !
A grateful guest left me this which I find very pleasant for sipping.
HWH.
BUGGYCROWS.jpg

Morning H
Thats a bit more like it something you can savour , You kept that hidden didnt you you crafty bugger:) I see your still life photography is improving:eek:

Last edited:
Aye.
I have had the same experience with our Lake District farmers and have thousands of acres of shooting free of charge.
I always used to turn up around Xmas with a bottle and ask them if it was OK to continue shooting in the New Year.
To ask and not to assume goes down well with most people.
At one large sheep farm the farmers wife always used to give ME a bottle as they hate the resident Carrion Crows.
One of their most prolific fields is down the farm lane and has a convenient wire fence at a height suitable for zapping the black sods out of my vehicle window.
The resident Buzzard seemed to associate a BANG with a late breakfast and usually appeared almost immediately.

HWH.

Sensible times and sensible people...the days of the 'Gentlemans aggreement'. Obviously its much better now with everyone stabbing each other in the back and paying kings ransoms for their 'Permissions' (whatever that means!)

As for Grouse, now that is perfectly alright for a weekday.

If you like the occaisional liqueur you should try 'Stags Breath', bloody lovely.

JC

Last edited:
yes H ,but we would not trade a minute of it .

there after banning quads off a lot of the up lands hear , im happy about this .as we dont use them on the hill where i am .

Good !
That muscle-bound English dead-head friend of Joe N used to chase them around on his quad until the poor buggers stood with their tongues out and then zapped them.

HWH.

Back