Thread: A coulpe of trouble makers....

A coulpe of trouble makers....

This happened a while ago
    my mother in laws neighbour has a haulage business and has a couple of fields out the back. Which have a few sheep and some chickens. His wife had seen charlie coming in and helping himself to some of the chickens in the afternoon. So he asked if I could help.

Luckily he had a loader and put a board on the tines so it was used as a makeshift high seat

So high seat in place and the waiting game started, watched a cracking sunset

It was not until last light when I saw the first one moving in the field, but there was no shot on due to it moving in and out of the sheep. By this time I was losing the light.

A few days later I was up there again and this time he had moved the sheep to another field and topped the nettles, waited for last light when I saw Charlie moving from right to left. He paused. Number one in the bag

Another couple of days latter up again , last light again and number 2 in the bag

Haven't had any problems since

Job done

Jonathon

Jonathon..

Come on bud..

Its times like these you need a good friend to be helping you out

No need to struggle on your own..

ATB

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Jonathon great pics and great end result
    good idea on the high seat also

regards pete .

great pics !

Chicken rustlers

Jonathon thats a nice pair of chicken rustlers youve bagged there mate, thats stopped thier antics
    In photo 2 unless its my eyes [probably] it looks like you have a barrel mounted sling fitted do you find it affects the harmonics/accuracy at all .
    ATB
    RICK O SHEA

nice couple foxes sorted out there then, and a good improvised high seat for the field, not exactly mobile tho

I'm from Hereford too and shoot near to loeminster and we have noticed a lot of them about this time of year, next month onwards we normally see a lot of activity so they're starting early this year
    was out last night seen 5 but only got a shot on 1 due to the others not being safe, will be out the weekend for them from another angle

atb Richard
    UK GUNWORKS customized 260 AI on a Remmy 700 Blue printed action, Border barrel 1/8 twist, McMillan Hunter stock, Third eye sound mod, 20MOA rail, Rings and bolt knob, Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 scope

Quote Originally Posted by RICK O SHEA View Post
    Jonathon thats a nice pair of chicken rustlers youve bagged there mate, thats stopped thier antics
    In photo 2 unless its my eyes [probably] it looks like you have a barrel mounted sling fitted do you find it affects the harmonics/accuracy at all .
    ATB
    RICK O SHEA
    RICK

No , your eye sight is perfect mate. I 'coppied' the idea from Thar off the site. It really helps the balnace when 'lugging' the heavy barrelled T3 around with a Jet Z on the end.

I have not noticed any effect on accuracy of the rifle at all, it will still shot better all day than I can.

if i do my bit right it can sub 1inch at 100m with factory rounds.

I also have the same thing on my 30-06 T3 lite.

Jonathon