Best barrels in the World

No hesitation in recommending a Krieger from PRS.
On a tighter budget, Lothar Walther match grade are good.
Might try a Bartlein 5r if my current Krieger wears out, just because...
Dont worry about waiting times, just order well in advance...

I know of several people who have purchased barrels from GB Barrels who are not trade - likewise from Sassen Engineering.

Regarding BTT reamers, they are an equal price to US supplied reamers - be that from PTG, Manson or Henriksen.

I have several of Geoffs reamers and they cut as well as any other makers (if not better) and he will supply within a matter of weeks rather than months...

So order the barrel have it delivered to a gunsmith (by arrangement) and collect it - if you plan to do the work yourself.

Sure a Mr Blackburn would oblige - he is in your area I think.

I like Armalon barrels , hammer forged and deadly accurate , Hammer forged barrels have an extended life over cut rifling and of course BRITISH made.

Schulz and Larsen cut barrels have a very good reputation in the Northern countries.

Cut vs Hammer forged, I once asked the question to Lee from then Border, if the Hammer forged would last longer. His answer made sense to me. He said it depends on what accuracy you accept. Some barrels do not reach the accuracy one wishes to achieve long before they are shot-out and are therefore replaced/returned. Happens with hammer forged much more often than with cut or button pulled. Most precision competitions are shot with cut or button pulled for a reason.
I have two extremely accurate hammer forged barrels in two CTR rifles, when shot hot they start to drift away and cannot match my Bartlein barrelled Remmy.
edi

"Money no object" Easy ,buy 5 Tobler, Kreiger, Lija or Shilen match barrels and have all 5 precision chambered and fitted by a benchrest experienced gunsmith. Then shoot one after the other and keep the most accurate.

and not to use you to build as you cant count hehe

Apart from my Sako which still has its factory barrel all my others have Pac Nor Kindly supplied to me for my own fitting by Dasherman, if i had to choose i would go for a Shilen.

Ian.

I don't suppose anyone has heard of the barrel maker Borloz?
I'm not certain but i think they are Swiss. I know they made some of .22 target rifle barrels which were very good.
Not sure if they made any other calibre through.

3e806ca25eb9ad716e1fe543c6af153a.jpg

This is my nomination for best barrel in the world!! High quality, always consistent, easy on the shoulder but sometimes hard on the head and I intend using one later tonight!!😋😋😋

3e806ca25eb9ad716e1fe543c6af153a.jpg

This is my nomination for best barrel in the world!! High quality, always consistent, easy on the shoulder but sometimes hard on the head and I intend using one later tonight!!😋😋😋

Its made in Nigeria now you know, sadly.

Isn't it brewed in 49 countries? Recon we in Ireland get the local stuff.
edi

They only make concentrate, what ever that is, in James gate. Someone told me its basically concentrated stout thats mixed with water and thats your beer.

Back