Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: set trigger

set trigger

Im looking to buy a 6.5x55 and would like if possible to buy one that comes with a set trigger.

What rifles can come with this from the factory without me having to buy a separate trigger upgrade?

Cheers

David

Sako do come with the option but there a few estates that wont let you stalk with a rifle that has one and will make you use the estate rifle

Account Suspended
    Steyr

I shot a rifle years ago and cant remember the make however the trigger was a normal standard trigger however if you puhed it forward it became set. That is the type i am looking for if such a thing is available as standard or as a factory option.

BRNO/CZ SAUER Both ends of the spectrum. With regards estates refusing you on the ground i have never found this in 30+ years of stalking and i have never heard it at all.

Don't all CZ centerfires come with a single set trigger??~Muir

As choc has mentioned a lot of rifles can come with the set option of the type you describe . used it on my sako a couple of times on the range , then forgot about it . its an option ,and to use it you have to set it and it doesn't seem to be the kind of thing you can do unintentionally. So why you would ban someone for having a rifle with a set trigger option .. sounds like a wind up to me ..

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    I shot a rifle years ago and cant remember the make however the trigger was a normal standard trigger however if you puhed it forward it became set. That is the type i am looking for if such a thing is available as standard or as a factory option.
    Usually called a 'single set trigger' to differentiate it from the double trigger arrangement on my Steyr - rear trigger sets the front trigger if required and I tend to use it most of the time. Might be worthwhile trawling the manufacturers websites for the specs of their latest offerings if you're looking to buy new. AFAIK it's mainly the European factories that will offer it, Steyr-Mannlicher, Sauer and the others mentioned.

BTW. There have been some cracking new old stock/hardly used Steyr-Mannlicher model L & Ms in various calibres up on the Holts auctions recently and for my money they are better than recent models.
    Last edited by Orion; 15-08-2010 at 20:34.

I had a Krico with double set trigger,good system.....

Sauer 202 has a fantastic set trigger ALSO IT IS A PUSH FORWARD TO SET IT TYPE