Accesing the site problems (occasional)

Miki

I've had a few issues with accessing the site recently. Today around 1pm I couldn't access the site at all, it just sat there spinning away and not updating or accessing any of the pages. 10 mins later it was OK again.

I couldn't get to it via http://77.73.1.113 although that did return a 'ping'.
I noticed this last week one evening too, other sites were avaialbe, I was connected to the Internet but SDUK was down ????

What's happening ?

Miki,

It looks as if the problem is local to you, sorry.

John

PS We do care.

My broadband connection has been slowing and dropping for 6 days, but accessing this site seems a bit slower than others while it's been playing up. BT should be out later today!

I have not been able to get on to SD for the last half an hour, it has finally loaded.

I even rebooted the router but then found that everything else was working...no other site that I tried was affected.

We are on O2/via BT wholesale.

Alan

Miki,

It looks as if the problem is local to you, sorry.
John
PS We do care.

Hi John

I'm glad you care.

I am familiar with how my Internet connection works, how it gets through my LAN, down the EO Line (I was having attenuation issues with my cabinet which is 3.5 miles away) through the LLU DSLAM (operated by PlusNet) I can follow my 'request' through the edge servers and Tier 1 providors (Telia) to your server, which I note is in the MENSET.COM cluster and is called "matthae2.miniserver.com".

Is this s decicated server or a virtual machine ?

Have you queried the logs to see if you are getting some DOS attacks or that the Internet connection is constant ?

Regards

Well, BT never turned up yesterday. Speed is getting slower, but hasn't dropped the connection much today. Could be a ploy to get people to have a fibre connection, and pay more. I was getting 53Mbps anyway. Now it's down to 9Mbps at times.

Now it's down to 9Mbps at times.

Until recently when I moved away from BT, my connection was averaging 6 to 7.5mbps
Everything worked fine, even youtube in HD worked as it should and no dropped connections, now I have over 35mbps
and everything still works as it should, maybe a fraction quicker to load pages, but not enough to really notice.

Neil.

Until recently when I moved away from BT, my connection was averaging 6 to 7.5mbps. Everything worked fine, even youtube in HD worked as it should and no dropped connections, now I have over 35mbps and everything still works as it should, maybe a fraction quicker to load pages, but not enough to really notice.Neil.

Mine has become so slow that even BT's own speed test has not been able to come up with a measurement.
The chap with the foreign sounding name on the BT chat line, when it wasn't disconnected, reckons there is a fault at the exchange.
The last time it was a connector that wasn't pushed home in the cabinet 570 metres away. The engineer said it would have been steadily getting slower, the same as is happening over the past week.

Hi John

I'm glad you care.

I am familiar with how my Internet connection works, how it gets through my LAN, down the EO Line (I was having attenuation issues with my cabinet which is 3.5 miles away) through the LLU DSLAM (operated by PlusNet) I can follow my 'request' through the edge servers and Tier 1 providors (Telia) to your server, which I note is in the MENSET.COM cluster and is called "matthae2.miniserver.com".

Is this s decicated server or a virtual machine ?

Have you queried the logs to see if you are getting some DOS attacks or that the Internet connection is constant ?

Regards

If I understood half of what that meant I would be delighted with myself :D.

CSL is our IT guru please address any technical concerns to him, I'm afraid I just cannot help you but I still care :D.

John

If I understood half of what that meant I would be delighted with myself :D.

CSL is our IT guru please address any technical concerns to him, I'm afraid I just cannot help you but I still care :D.

John

:rofl::rofl::rofl: And that is what you call `Owned`!

Happened to me again tonight...8:45 for at least half an hour...gave up trying but now at 00:15 it is working again...It was just access to SD all other websites I tried were fine.

Alan

p.s. just looked at the activity stream list and there was a break in posts between 20:43 and 22:35. Posts every couple of minutes either side.

Last edited:
Back