Thread: Sako 75 Trigger

Sako 75 Trigger

Hi,

I know this subject has been touched on before, but can't recall where and when.

Question is: how do I change the Sako 75 Hunter trigger pressure from factory lb setting to something lighter. It's a pretty decent trigger, although I would like one with a bit more slack before the breaking point, but it's too heavy - I find I have to tense up my hand/finger/forearm muscles a bit too much for pure smooth consistent firing.

anyone changed the pressure before on this rifle, or would you suggest changing the trigger (to what, and what kind of cost-ish?).

You can download the manual from the Sako web-site def would'nt change the trigger after adjustment never tried better

Adjusted mine down o about 2lb's on both my 75's never had any trouble in 14 years(cobined age of rifles).
    Take stock off and with a allen key wind screw that looks at the magazine, can't remember which way though.
    Don't change the unit there s no need its not a remmy (incoming).

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Hi,

I know this subject has been touched on before, but can't recall where and when.

Question is: how do I change the Sako 75 Hunter trigger pressure from factory lb setting to something lighter. It's a pretty decent trigger, although I would like one with a bit more slack before the breaking point, but it's too heavy - I find I have to tense up my hand/finger/forearm muscles a bit too much for pure smooth consistent firing.

anyone changed the pressure before on this rifle, or would you suggest changing the trigger (to what, and what kind of cost-ish?).
    Just adjust it down as last post says.Sako trigger is easy to to take down.you should be able to get 2 to 2 1/2 lbs easily.Dont take it below 2lbs as it is not recommended sako.

sit butt of your rifle on your lap barrel pointing up no bolt present obviously for safety.
    take out the magazine presuming you have a magazine not floorplate.
    looking in the magazine port towards the rear of rifle there is a small hole literally just in from the trigger guard.
    you will need a small allen key (3, 4mm possibly cant remember off the top my head sorry) anti clockwise is loosen clockwise is tighten.
    hope this helps
    Regards Steve