For Sale: Monarch "Munro" Gaiters

In 2016 we decided to look into bringing a UK manufactured waterproof gaiter to the market. Many of our customers stated that there were some good brands of gaiter available, however they did not incorporate the features to withstand the rigours of forestry, hill stalking and other harsh environments.

So we have finally launched the Monarch "Munro" Gaiters - we have designed and manufactured these in the UK in collaboration with Phil Ogden and with feedback from pro Deer Managers and not forgetting John & Andy from Moray Outfitting ;)

• The outer is made from an Alcantara type material which is extremely durable and also quiet
  • Behind the outer there is a 2oz seamless waterproof & breathable liner which prevents build up of condensation inside the gaiter.
  • Quality zip with Velcro front cover and top & bottom press studs.
  • Elasticated ankle grip.
  • Draw string & toggle knee hem.
  • Double rivet front lace hook.
  • Sturdy cord heel fastening supplied with each gaiter - from our research Pro Stalkers who wear gaiters every day do not like the strap & buckle design of heel fastening as this becomes detached in time, also quad bike riders state that strap fastenings can snag on bike foot rests.
  • Large & XL sizes available.
  • Special forum rate of £66.95 delivered (current website price of £66.95 + £5.60 p&p)

Details can also be found on our website link: Monarch "Munro" Gaiters

oO5eYPp.jpg
avFAZaD.jpg
L3vopx5.jpg

Just drop me a pm with any interest.

Rgds

Rob

Last edited:
Just to say that I ordered a pair of these gaiters from Rob and they've just arrived, so very prompt service. Until they've seen several months out and about it is impossible to provide a review but what I can say is they appear well thought out and well made and much, much better value than a pair from a big "outdoor" brand I had to buy recently, as an emergency purchase, when my previous gaiters failed.

One thing worth mentioning is that in my experience wearing gaiters is the single most effective way to reduce or avoid picking up ticks. Despite all the various potions and treatments and advice on the internet simply putting on gaiters reduces the number of ticks I'd pick up from 5 - 10 per day to 5 - 10, probably less, per year.

Thanks for your comments Caorach - look forward to hearing more feedback when you have had more time to trial.

Over the last couple of weeks we have had very positive comments from Ghillies who have had clients out on the stags in filthy weather, so comments always gratefully received.

We just added a pull tag on to the zipper pull to make the zip easier for sausage fingered guys :thumb:

Br

Rob

Hi Keith

Good question - the XL has a slightly wider calf fitting, apparently some of the other brands XL size do not accommodate some of the big laddie's in the Glen's so we made sure we took this into account.

Rgds

Rob

I've been wearing my munro gaiters 6 days a week over the past couple of months, and can honestly say they are the best gaiters I've used...... and I have used black islanders and kammo gaiters.
I work on the hill in Sutherland where it's rather wet....and I've been through a few 'Burns' and into some wet holes and ditches.... and have stayed dry right up to the knees (obviously got damp above the knee when crawling ).... this is testament to the munro gaiters and my lowas.
Another plus is that the gaiters are quiet when brushing against heather and bracken, this means I'll be happier about wearing boots and gaiters when woodland stalking....cos I hate wellies!!

Just the other day we got the argo stuck in a very wet ditch (not me driving this time either) and the only way of getting unstuck was lots of manhandling. I had to stand in this boggy wet ditch and lift the the back end of the argo and push at the same time........ I lifted.... and sunk upto the top of my calves......not a drop of moisture got through! And I was expecting wet feet!
We got out and recovered the deer....in the dark.

I've just ordered a pair for my headstalker..... he swore by kammo gaiters, I have a feeling he'll be very happy with the munro gaiters.

Maybe on the next production run we could have them an inch shorter though?..... that's my only gripe.

Many thanks again Rob for a quality product and service to match.

Steve

can I make some constructive criticism?

the "teeth" on the zips could do with being chunkier. If you are putting them on wet or muddy the zip jams.

the Kammo ones have a slightly chunkier zip and it's never been a problem with them.

other than that they are bloody fantastic gaiters.

Hi Jubnut

Constructive feedback always very welcome :thumb:

Point taken on board with a view to modification in time. In extremely muddy conditions where mud actually managed to get behind the front zip protection flap this could have the potential to clogg the zip somewhat. Very wet conditions in general would't cause a problem. I was on my ground up North last weekend and got stuck in rank/wet bogs regularly with no problem.

Many thanks for the overall positive comment.

Br

Rob

Got mine last week and have to say I’m very impressed at first glance/use. Quality is top draw, they are quiet in use and very comfy.

Just don’t do as I did and tie the laces underneath too short then cut the ends off!

Service from Rob was top draw with speedy postage just in time for a day out in the field. 😀

Rob, many thanks my order arrived safely today. I look forward to trying them out later on today. Regards RoeHunter

Hi Jubnut

Constructive feedback always very welcome :thumb:

Point taken on board with a view to modification in time. In extremely muddy conditions where mud actually managed to get behind the front zip protection flap this could have the potential to clogg the zip somewhat. Very wet conditions in general would't cause a problem. I was on my ground up North last weekend and got stuck in rank/wet bogs regularly with no problem.

Many thanks for the overall positive comment.

Br

Rob

Thanks for taking that on board.

Certainly if more clients turned up wearing these instead of the horrible scratchy plastic/goretex/canvas/waxed cotton/any other gaiter on the market they may have been more successful and I may have been less frustrated with the "swish swish scratch scratch" in the heather

They are almost perfect as far as I am concerned. I might rub some candle wax on the teeth to ease the zips to see if that helps out.

Last edited:
Got mine last week and have to say I’m very impressed at first glance/use. Quality is top draw, they are quiet in use and very comfy.

Just don’t do as I did and tie the laces underneath too short then cut the ends off!

Service from Rob was top draw with speedy postage just in time for a day out in the field. 😀

I removed the laces altogether, they fit well enough and I haven't had them ride up.

Back