The Crown Inn at Sarre

Beowulf

Hi All,
For the members of the site that are going to Quex Museum next week. Can I ask where everyone is intending to dine Saturday night? The Crown Inn in Sarre is where most people will be staying so I thought it would be a good idea if we all had dinner together. If this is okay with everyone could you please post below how many of your group/family will be coming so that we can book the restaurant.

Many thanks Steve.F :D

FOOD

MR B i have already booked myself . 222cwd . ellie in for the evening meal at the crown inn thankyou

Well done Mr.B

I've been off the site for a week or two and just catching up now. I'll give you a call later.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Mr.B

As mentioned earlier, please put me down for four. Sal and the in-laws will be joining us.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Cheers,

Rob

Well I reckon that if we book for 25 people we will be about right as some people that I know are going haven't seen the thread yet.

Hi all Quex Museum trip attendees,

I have just spoken to the Landlord of the Crown Inn, Clive, and he has told me that he can seat 22 people on one level and a further 4 at a table nearby should it be required. I have asked for the group to be seated for dinner between 07.30 and 08.00 pm. He is very keen that we all enjoy our stay and has requested that when we check in around 12.00 noon, could we also order our food for the evening so that all the food can be at the table at the same time rather than turning up plate by plate all evening. This will also confirm numbers for the evening meal.

So we are all set!

If you arrive and don't know anyone else in the room, just walk up to the nearest and oddest looking individual and whisper in their ear the pass phrase 'John has a long moustache'. This is to be replied to with 'It wounds my heart with a monotonous languor' (from the film ‘The Longest Day’). This will confirm that you are in fact a Stalking Directory member and not some lentil eating long haired anti! Anyone using the pass phrase 'Danny Boy calling Broadsword' will be thrown out into the street and refused entry as 'Where Eagles Dare' was a rubbish film! Germans with helicopters in WWII what rot! :lol:

thank you mrB for taking the time to do this and is realy appreciated even by the members that will be there that hav not seen this post yet i am sure
this makes it easier for clive to know what to expect for meals and seating
so many thanks
stone
how about a name badge system as think of the problems complete strangers whispering sweet nothings down each other ear holes
and please mrB no tongues :lol:

I think a dress code is in order Stone. Panama hats, a Church Warden pipe, Black Watch tartan trews and a pair of Jesus creeper sandals! :lol: So you won't have to dress any different than normal! ;) :lol:

any chance i can hav my sandals back then , i told you they would not be big enough as ear defenders didn't i :lol:

I have got to tell you lot, I am really envious of you and next weekend. The plain fact is I cannot make it. I shall be there in spirit though, I know exactly where you are going, I know where Sarre is, and Greenfields I have even been in the Crown Inn, and I have been around uncle Malc's museum. I am now almost home sick for Kent.

So you bunch of rifle carrying deer stalking reprobates I shall expect a comprehensive report of the weekend end along with a photographic record of the event.

When you are sitting down to your meal and you catch the sound of twin tone horns on the wind and the ghostly tinge of a flashing blue light it may just be me in a time warp, still keeping things safe for Malc, and Uncle Albert, of a night, and keeping an eye on you mob.:eek: :eek:

John

PS You may have to remind Mr B he is NOT a Zulu Warrior :!: :!:

To Mr B, your'e a humourist sir and I salute you for it.

To all I regret I won't be there as it sounds like its going to be a jolly occasion. An impending trip to the states and a girlfriend with a broken shoulder are just two of the many encumbrances that are at present restricting my movements.

Have a great time guys and I hope to meet some of you in the not too distant future.

Gareth

Back