Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: cci velociters 22lr availability ???

  1. #1

    cci velociters 22lr availability ???

    so can you buy these .22 rimfire rounds in the uk???

    there a 40 gr HP at 1435fps

    Pretty fast for a 40 grain out of a .22lr

    they group really well in my 452 1" at 100 yards???

    hoping there available!!

  2. #2
    yep you can I have some and they are the only hyper velocity .22 LR cartridges that I have found that group well. most that I tried are awful. They are a bit pricey here though . Usual story we seem to get ripped off for them.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    yep you can I have some and they are the only hyper velocity .22 LR cartridges that I have found that group well. most that I tried are awful. They are a bit pricey here though . Usual story we seem to get ripped off for them.
    thats good!!

    im returning home in the autumn and would like some!

    there expensive in canada too!!

  4. #4
    Too bad you can't get Aguila "Interceptor" 40 grain. I did the prototype work on the round (with JAYB's help) and I was getting 1540 fps from my Marlin 880SQ and my Brno #2. They shot about 5/8" at 50 M but would lay waste to anything it hit.

    This is an entrance wound on a watermelon Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Interceptor Mellon entrance 25M Prototye packaging.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	2278 at 25M distance.
    It was is a real beast on game. ~Muir

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Too bad you can't get Aguila "Interceptor" 40 grain. I did the prototype work on the round (with JAYB's help) and I was getting 1540 fps from my Marlin 880SQ and my Brno #2. They shot about 5/8" at 50 M but would lay waste to anything it hit.

    This is an entrance wound on a watermelon Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Interceptor Mellon entrance 25M Prototye packaging.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	2278 at 25M distance.
    It was is a real beast on game. ~Muir
    cool!!

    it amazes me how you can get such speeds from such a small case!

    very good fox load!!

  6. #6
    tried cci stingers, not impressed with accuracy, still got 1/2 a box of blazers, found them to be pretty good, spoke to somebody at cci R and D to see if they would do the same case and bullet but with a lighter charge than the stinger for ratting around the cow sheds, he worked one out at 41 ft lbs-800fps, he said it would make a "plinking"/ yard round and would put it forward to the higher echelon but I never heard anymore about it, I was trying to get low powered LR, lower than a standard subsonic, and one that would feed through the magazine, in actual fact, if anyone out there has a 22 rimmy chambered for "long", not long rifle, I've got 400+ cci CB 710 fps they are welcome to, no good to me as they won't feed through mag, and because of having an LR chamber they shoot a 6" group at 25 yds!!! because of the 1/8" jump to the rifling....callie

  7. #7
    That's odd. I shoot Shorts, CB Shorts, and CB Longs in my Marlin lever gun and get an inch off hand at 15 yards. I can turn an aluminum soda can to confetti with shorts at 50M off hand. I've done it quite a bit and my Marin holds 28 round of Short ammo which makes it great for head shooting rabbits.
    Too bad they don't work in your gun. They are a fun alternative.

    Aguila, which is very hard to get for you, I know, makes a "Super Colibri" (Super Hummingbird) that shoots a 20 grain bullet with nothing but a priming charge. About 500 fps and pretty accurate, all things considered, and it feeds from bolt guns.~Muir

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by conibear View Post
    cool!!

    it amazes me how you can get such speeds from such a small case!

    very good fox load!!
    Industrias Tecnos' (Aguila's) Chief engineer is a master at squeezing velocity from a round while maintaining proper pressures. These are his design. He also designed their super hot "Super Maximum" 22LR round that moves a 30 grain bullet at 1750 fps. He is a genius and, I'm proud to say, a close friend of mine. I will be meeting with him next week! ~Muir

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Too bad you can't get Aguila "Interceptor" 40 grain. I did the prototype work on the round (with JAYB's help) and I was getting 1540 fps from my Marlin 880SQ and my Brno #2. They shot about 5/8" at 50 M but would lay waste to anything it hit.

    This is an entrance wound on a watermelon Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Interceptor Mellon entrance 25M Prototye packaging.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	2278 at 25M distance.
    It was is a real beast on game. ~Muir
    These are good, no very good. we spent weeks reducing the prairie dog population using nothing but rimfires and these things, well we may have used the occasional larger calibre, These however were unbelievable and killing those dogs very efficiently at unbelievable ranges. And when I say we shot a lot I mean a lot, with range work and hunting I am talking thousands of spent cases littering the ground. They were even accurate in a bog standard Ruger 10/22, and here is something I never thought I would say this particular Ruger standard, with the exception of having had the sear stoned, is a tack driver . Also just to add insult to injury I got a Simmons Eight point scope for the princely sum of $38 which is spectacular, it never lost zero despite being dropped a time or two and has the dents to prove it.

    John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    These are good, no very good. we spent weeks reducing the prairie dog population using nothing but rimfires and these things, well we may have used the occasional larger calibre, These however were unbelievable and killing those dogs very efficiently at unbelievable ranges. And when I say we shot a lot I mean a lot, with range work and hunting I am talking thousands of spent cases littering the ground. They were even accurate in a bog standard Ruger 10/22, and here is something I never thought I would say this particular Ruger standard, with the exception of having had the sear stoned, is a tack driver . Also just to add insult to injury I got a Simmons Eight point scope for the princely sum of $38 which is spectacular, it never lost zero despite being dropped a time or two and has the dents to prove it.

    John
    That was a summer, wasn't it?? How many rabbits do you think we killed with that round? Dozens and dozens, I'd think. BTW, Your Ruger is still waiting for you. (I'd have worn it out by now if you hadn't taken the key to the action lock, you sneaky b@st@rd.)

    Oh, speaking of b@st@rds...
    Have the children cover their eyes, the women guard their virtue, and the men put up their fists. The American is coming! I got my Leave ok'd for my trip to the UK on whatever date I choose after the first of the year. ~Muir

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted CCI .22 CB Longs: Anyone got any?
    By zaitsev in forum Other Shooting Equipment
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 28-06-2013, 10:24
  2. Varget availability
    By Cyres in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 22:44
  3. 7x57 Ammo availability
    By 63 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-05-2010, 10:16
  4. cci .22
    By Hornet in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27-10-2009, 00:38
  5. CCI Primers
    By jingzy in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 19:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •