Game dealers in North Wales or who service North Wales?

stalker.308

Does anyone know of any game dealers who are based in North Wales either living or a regular run in North Wales?

I have some regular carcasses that could do with a game dealer....

Kimmel farm shop will take some, you could also try Alafowlia restaraunt in Denbigh.

Leon

There's a butcher in Colwyn Bay that takes some as well. I'll clock the name next time I'm passing and let you know.

Kinmel farm shop say they have enough coming in so are not interested. Plus they will only taken them skinned, which is a no no unless you have FSA/LA Approved butchering facilities, which if you did you wouldn't be selling them to a butchers anyway! Leon I presume Alafowlia would probably want it butchered??

Not sure what is happening with Willo Game. They were taken over by a company that then went bust, so think they have shut down?

Paul K, would be interested to hear of the butchers in Colwyn Bay..... have you taken them there before?

Personal consumption is great until your freezer is as full as mine 3 weeks into the fallow season!!!

With the demise of Bestwick's this is proving to be real problem,there are only 3-4 real players in the game industry. Anyone not close to a dealer is going to have great difficulty in disposing of their carcasses.
I think there could be call for a localised refrigerated storage facility that the dealers could pick up from.
However I think that the logistics of that are beyond what most are prepared to get involved with.
I think if contact was made with the DI they might be able to help regarding this, as they are govenrment funded and this is there area of expertize then I think they will only be too glad to help..
There is going to have to be negotiations with the likes of the FC in being able to use their storage facilities..

I think that there is good and bad with this problem.On one hand we are going to have to look locally to sell our venison and create a local market, the other is that the price of venison will fall. I have just sold some roe as my freezer is full at the moment and got £1.60 kg.

The problem that is still to arise is that there are approximately 8 million pheasants proccessed each and every year, the majority of which had gone to Bestwick.

regards
Griff

Paul K, would be interested to hear of the butchers in Colwyn Bay..... have you taken them there before?

Personal consumption is great until your freezer is as full as mine 3 weeks into the fallow season!!!

Sadly I don't have enough local stalking to have to worry about moving carcasses but the butcher that I was referring to was talking to me about taking deer from Kinmel when I was in buying some beef.

He's the Welsh Meat Shop on the corner of Abergele Road and Cefn Rd in Old Colwyn and to find him coming down the hill from Llanddulas, you pass Aldi on the left and then immediately after there are shops on both sides, the last shop on the left being Cadwgan Bakery. Just after this is a Pelican traffic light crossing then Cefn Rd is the one way street on the right. They are on the corner as you turn in. Just a little back up Abergele Rd is Poyntons who also sometimes have venison in the window but I guess they also get it from Kinmel or Cefn.

Not sure what is happening with Willo Game. They were taken over by a company that then went bust, so think they have shut down?

You are quite right Embreys Meats took over the business and made a **** up of it. It has now been taken over by Midshires Meats and it is business as usual. Will is still there 2 days per week in an advisory capacity. I think this is Mon and Tue if you want to call him and if you want to meet him I know he will be at Western Park in the BASC stand. If he can I know Will will be able to help you out but I have not got a clue what his prices are like, I just drop an occaisional beast into him and it comes back nicely butchered/vac packed and boxed.

John.

He's the Welsh Meat Shop on the corner of Abergele Road and Cefn Rd in Old Colwyn .

Unfortunately he has shut down, there is a St Davids rentals sign in the shop window and no meat inside! Perhaps someone needs to start a game butchers shop in the already existing shop!!

Kinmel farm shop say they have enough coming in so are not interested. Plus they will only taken them skinned, which is a no no unless you have FSA/LA Approved butchering facilities, which if you did you wouldn't be selling them to a butchers anyway! Leon I presume Alafowlia would probably want it butchered??

Yeah should have mentioned they only take skinned carcasess... didn't think.

Leon

Just wondering if anyone in North Wales has made any progress with finding a game dealer in North Wales? Or a butchers? As soon as I am told about a butchers who will take a carcass they seem to shut down before I get there. Guess the supermarkets are killing the local retailers. Perhaps I should just approach Tescos with a carcass!!!!

Hello stalker 308 what are you asking per kilo i could probably take 1 a month possibly two i am in cheshire

Mark

WilloGame is still very much in business and Will is still there Mon-Wed. They are in N Wales on a Friday and more frequently in the pheasant season and will happily collect deer. Phone Will on 01588 650119.

yep stalker i can take some off yah im not a dealer but will still buy carl 01978720873 deer i mean

Last edited:
Back